how do i make forums not visible to users unless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i make forums not visible to users unless

the user is registered. How do I do this? Basically trying to keep lurkers out and increase number of registered users.

Thanks,

Mr.Huge

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators - > Forum Permissions

There you change permissions for each usergroup in each forum. Set the 'Can View Forum' option to No to keep certain usergroups out.

If you're just wanting to keep unregistered users from posting, you can simply make that usergroup unable to post at all in Admin CP -> Usergroups - > Usergroup Manager. They will still be able to view the forums and posts, but will not be able to participate until they register.
    Last edited by cbiweb; Wed 27 Jul '05, 4:18am.
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Huge
      the user is registered. How do I do this? Basically trying to keep lurkers out and increase number of registered users.

Thanks,

Mr.Huge
      Just edit the Unregistered / Not Logged In Group and change their "Can View Forum" permission to "NO". Done.
      vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

I thought that's what I just said? (albeit in a more detailed way)
        ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X