No announcement yet.

SMTP not working for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The settings it shows are read from php.ini and are only used on the PHP internal mail call, i'll need to update the code to reflect the new SMTP methods.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Ok, please let me know when I can get those files. This is the reason why I couldn't go live with my 3.07 site. Don't want to spend the money to either get a host(like to do it myself) or a business circuit.

Thanks Scott.

Comment

I'm having the same problems. I'm using my SMTP IP address for my website and no emails are going through.

The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.The following errors were outputted by PHP when attempting to send mail:

Warning: Unexpected response from SMTP server in /includes/class_mail.php on line 473
        Check your mail server to ensure it is configured correctly to allow PHP to send mail from it. You should also check your mail server's error log for more diagnostic information.

Comment

Will email both of you with a new file using the email address you both have in your profiles.

Run the test again and see if it gives a better reponse.

I hope that your from address on the board matches the one the ISP is from since its partially used during authentication.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Sent both emails now.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Getting this error.
              The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.The following errors were outputted by PHP when attempting to send mail:

Warning: Unexpected response when connecting to SMTP server in \includes\class_mail.php on line 475
              Check your mail server to ensure it is configured correctly to allow PHP to send mail from it. You should also check your mail server's error log for more diagnostic information.

Comment

Would it be possible to get access to the machine thats having this problem?

SSH / Remote Desktop / VNC / FTP will do.

Sounds like I'll need to try and see what earthlink are playing at.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Sure, I'll send you the info via PM. RDP.

Comment

You were using the wrong port number for the SMTP server, you had 25 where according to the godaddy help that I found on google the port is changed to 80.

I changed the port to 80 within options and everything worked as planned during the diagnostic.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Wow. I feel stupid now. Port 80? Funny, my email program uses port 25. Whatever works.....

Thanks again!

Comment

The standard is port 25 but for some reason SMTP on that service is 80. I pm'd you with the URL i got the port number from.
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Hi Scott, here's the results from the new file you sent:

SMTP:localhosts
                          endmail_from:None
                          sendmail_path:/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

Warning: Unexpected response from SMTP server during TO address transmission in /includes/class_mail.php on line 475
                          edit: If I put in localhost for the host, it sends, but mailing my moderators group takes a very long time to send out the email.
                          Last edited by Mainer82; Sat 23 Jul '05, 2:18pm.

Comment

Yeah SMTP is much slower than sendmail as the PHP process has to remain active while sending, sendmail runs in the background after the PHP process has finished execution.

Also compared to a mail client which can use multiple threads to send mail we have to use concurrent sockets, so its a few seconds per email being sent.
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X