Alternate headers in seperate forums/sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate headers in seperate forums/sections

Okay, I want to put a different header image in certain forums on one of my sites, I know that this can easily be achieved by creating several child styles of the main skin and having different headers, then in turn telling each forum to use that style, and so on, but I was wondering if there was a way I could do this with conditionals, rather than having a range of child styles?

A bit of code in the header perhaps along the lines of 'if this forum is [name] use [header1.jpg], if this forum is [name2] use [header2.jpg], else use [headerdefault.jpg]' or something or another? I'm still behind when it comes to this so any help would be useful
    Aye

Yep, using something like this should work: (keep in mind if you enter a sub forum the value for forumid also changes)

<if condition="$forumid == '7'">its forumid 7<else />its not forumid 7</if>

Comment

Awesome Floris, that works What function might I add to that in order to have multiple different alternate headers, for more than one section, that is? Thanks in advance for any help

Edit: Worked it out it would seem, thanks anyway
      Last edited by Caiman; Tue 26 Jul '05, 7:03am.
      Aye

Comment

You could just use the same code multiple times:
        Code:
        <if condition="$forumid == '7'">its forumid 7<else /><if condition="$forumid == '8'">its forumid 8<else />its not forumid 7 or 8</if></if>
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Yeah, I worked it out just a minute or so after posting, but thanks anyway Colin, that's exactly how I did it, hehe, nice and easy
          Aye

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X