Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade from Beta3 to Beta4, installs fine, whole site dies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from Beta3 to Beta4, installs fine, whole site dies...

So I've upgraded to beta4, and overwrote all the files fresh, no modifications.

Upgrade runs fine through all steps, then when I get to where it is supposed to forward me to the AdminCP I get the following
    Code:
    Fatal error: Please upgrade to vBulletin 3.5.0 or greater in /includes/init.php on line 169
    I'm now floundering...any help?

All files were uploaded via dreamweaver (which I've been using for over 3 years to do web work without a problem), I even went so far as to remove all files from the server and then try again via FTP in Ascii for the code files, and binary for the images.

Lost....

)O( Cloudrunner )O(
    "An It Harm None, Do As Ye Will..."
    --Wiccan Rede
    words to live by...

Are you running MMCache or eAccelerator?
    L'chaim

Comment

nope
      --Wiccan Rede
      words to live by...

Comment

Well the relevant portion of the code in which your error is occuring is this:

Code:
        if ($vbulletin->bf_ugp === null)
        {
        	if (function_exists('mmcache_get'))
        	{
        		trigger_error('Please upgrade to vBulletin 3.5.0 or greater. Also, Turck MMCache has been detected on your server. If you have already installed 3.5, try disabling Turck MMCache.', E_USER_ERROR);
        	}
        	else
        	{
        		trigger_error('Please upgrade to vBulletin 3.5.0 or greater', E_USER_ERROR);
        	}
        }
        Seems something to do with mmcache...

Comment

Trust me on this one, my host is not using anything for cacheing...if they was, Ida walked a long time ago and they know it.

anyway, long story short, a complete wipe of the server account, restart on the services, and a manual reinstall of vb and the database, and everything is working now...strange.

This only occured three times, and only on the upgrade, the fresh install was seamless..
          --Wiccan Rede
          words to live by...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudrunner
            Trust me on this one, my host is not using anything for cacheing...if they was, Ida walked a long time ago and they know it.
            Curious as to why?
            L'chaim

Comment

i got a similar error when i first installed 3.5
              dont recall if it was exactly but i did get "please upgrade to blah blah"

stupid me had set the database in config.php to my live site and i was installing it on a test forum

Comment

Working...
              X