paid subscriptions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paid subscriptions?

I'm looking at the "paid subscriptions" feature. I can't see from the interface how certain things work, and the documentation on it is virtually nonexistant. (Related to this... Is anyone at vBulletin aware that the compiled HTML docs don't work? Happily the one-page download works.)

Anyway... When someone purchases a subscription, they can be moved into another usergroup with special privileges. But when happens if their subscription lapses and they don't renew? I see no way to change their usergroup if that happens, and this is necessary.

I wish I could set different usergroup destinations depending on the original usergroup.

I think it's a poor user interface decision to place the paid subscriptions on the user CP. I want users to see this page when they try to access the forum index.

Basically, I don't see this as a very usable feature at all.

You can always rewrite the forumhome template to redirect them to the subscriptions page.

Just use if conditions for what usergroups they are in & etc...

Comment

Originally posted by House_of_Crazed
      You can always rewrite the forumhome template to redirect them to the subscriptions page.

Just use if conditions for what usergroups they are in & etc...
      I did a search on "paid subscriptions" and found detailed feedback from people who have been using the feature. It's not worth spending time on. I'll write it myself.

Edit: But I didn't say thank you for the suggestion - I should have.

I'm not sure I'm going to switch to vBulletin. Paid subscriptions support was a major reason I bought the program, but the support is so poor that it would be faster to write it myself (I already have PayPal IPN scripts) than try to patch the vBulletin feature.

If I can write a mod for SMF with moderation support, I'll stick with that. I hacked something together for an earlier version so it's not impossible. I have to spend a little time looking at it.
      Last edited by permutations; Wed 13th Jul '05, 9:47pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X