• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3.5.0 beta 3] MySQL error once per x days

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.5.0 Beta 3:

Invalid SQL:

INSERT INTO vb3_session
    									   (sessionhash, userid, host, idhash, lastactivity, location, styleid, languageid, loggedin, inforum, inthread, incalendar, badlocation, useragent, bypass)
    							   VALUES
    									   ('74eb20d255a288bcbc48c2b2c3bf9bf6', 0, '[COLOR=#0000ff]61.135.146.xxx[/COLOR]', 'be6cdd667af5311cd560fe73ab466a0c', 1120318972, '/', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'Baiduspider+(+http://www.baidu.com/search/spider.htm)', 0);

MySQL Error  : Duplicate entry '74eb20d255a288bcbc48c2b2c3bf9bf6' for key 1
    Error Number : 1062
    Date 		: Saturday, July 2nd 2005 @ 04:42:54 PM
    Script 	  : [COLOR=#0000ff][URL="http://mywebsite/"]http://mywebsite/[/URL]  (didn't display a .php file btw)[/COLOR]
    Referrer 	:
    IP Address   : [COLOR=#0000ff]61.135.146.xxx[/COLOR]
    Username 	: Unregistered
    Classname    : vb_database
    The above error comes in once per week, and by the way, each time from the same spider! I can't figure out what it is. No files are modified, and the plugin system is turned off.

Anybody have any tips? Or should I just drop the session table and re-create it?

It is highly unlikely that a sessionhash will create duplicates, however in theory it is possible.

The reason for this is probably a corrupted index on the session table. I suggest you try first to repair the table. If this don't work you can always drop and recreate it.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

the session table is a HEAP-table. the content HEAP-tables are stored in memory, not on a harddrive. The content gets lost once you restart your mysql-server anyway. That's why this table-type does not support a REPAIR or OPTIMIZE method.

I highly doubt that the md5() function calculates the same result out of such short strings like the ones used to create the sessionhash.

@Floris: do your errors always contain exactly the same sessionhash-string ('74eb20d255a288bcbc48c2b2c3bf9bf6')? Or dows it change?

sorry for my bad english I hope, you understand me anyway

Comment

I will keep an eye on the s-hash!

Comment

Originally posted by fiNal
          the session table is a HEAP-table. the content HEAP-tables are stored in memory, not on a harddrive. The content gets lost once you restart your mysql-server anyway. That's why this table-type does not support a REPAIR or OPTIMIZE method.

I highly doubt that the md5() function calculates the same result out of such short strings like the ones used to create the sessionhash.

@Floris: do your errors always contain exactly the same sessionhash-string ('74eb20d255a288bcbc48c2b2c3bf9bf6')? Or dows it change?
          You are totally correct. Just replied too fast without realizing that we where talking about the session table, which is like you say a HEAP table.
          Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
          Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X