Editor buttons/function missing Beta 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor buttons/function missing Beta 3

I upgraded this morning and when you go to post, there are no editor buttons. I also thought I broke the double click to edit the post but I see it's been taken out. That's too bad, we really liked that feature a lot.

I was having a trouble with the server when I was uploading the files, but I went and double checked to make sure the file sizes were correct and all. I'm just not sure where to look.

I was at vB.org and put in the Soft Delete Archive and the Quote Back Link but I don't think those would make the edit buttons and smilies go away. Any ideas?

What 'editor' buttons exactly? Do you have the same problem here? If not, then this is due to a customization on your site.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

All of them, lol. Yes they are here so I'm a bit confused. I switched to WYSIWYG from Standard, but nothing. Then I switched back and still nothing. I searched here to see if anyone else had the same trouble but it looks like it's just me. I should uninstall what I put in, I supposed. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

One of my mods is stating the same thing and I'm not sure what she's talking about either. I'll have her give me some screen shots as well.
          I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

Here's a screen shot of what she's saying is missing. Notice the "blank" icons? That's using IE. I don't see that using Opera 8.01 under Linux.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Biker
              Here's a screen shot of what she's saying is missing. Notice the "blank" icons? That's using IE. I don't see that using Opera 8.01 under Linux.
              i had the same problem...

the new WYSIWYG-Editor uses a couple of new icons. i think that's not documented in the release anncouncement. just get the entrie package from members area (with images) and re-upload the upload\images\editor directory to your webserver. you should be fine after that.

sorry for my bad english I hope, you understand me anyway

Comment

if you are using cutom skin, that might be why.

Comment

Originally posted by fiNal
                  i had the same problem...

the new WYSIWYG-Editor uses a couple of new icons. i think that's not documented in the release anncouncement. just get the entrie package from members area (with images) and re-upload the upload\images\editor directory to your webserver. you should be fine after that.
                  Hmmmmmmm. I've compared files from the source and what I have on the server and they match. I may copy the editor files into each style directory and see if maybe that cures the issue.

Comment

Yeah, just copy all the images onto your custom style, and tell it not to overwrite. It'll upload all the images that aren't already there.
                    Let the flames begin.

Comment

That was it. Bit of a pain, but everything shows now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X