Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private forum ? How?

hello

how do i set up a private forum for moderators to post only with a password to get inside

thanks

ACP / Forums / Moderators / Forum Manager
    Click the Forum, then a form appears where you can enter a password.

Furthermore you can restrict access to every forum through usergroup permisssions:
    ACP / Forums & Moderators / Forum Permissions

Comment

You also have to set up the usergroup for that forum.

I have about 7 private forums and you have to set the user group as well as the forum itself. Liz
      Secret City Designs

Comment

i did it but it s not working right.... i cant post new topic there?? i did set up a private forum.. regular members cant get in they must need a password to get in.. i also set up a moderator usergroups for people to access in private forum.. but theres no password for my moderator usergroups to type their password they are alway in automaticaly wkithout typing password .. is that how it works?

by the way i still cant post in the private forum why??

Comment

Mine don't use passwords to get in, I don't try to hamper them with that step.

Check the Access Mask permissions of the each user to make sure that you have them set right and also make sure that each user is in a secondary usergroup of that usergroup. Liz
          Secret City Designs

Comment

Originally posted by VisorMan
            i did it but it s not working right.... i cant post new topic there?? i did set up a private forum.. regular members cant get in they must need a password to get in.. i also set up a moderator usergroups for people to access in private forum.. but theres no password for my moderator usergroups to type their password they are alway in automaticaly wkithout typing password .. is that how it works?

by the way i still cant post in the private forum why??
            i had a similar problem <br>
            i discovered that i didn't enable the permission inheritance in the user groups<br>
            <br>
            make sure you enable that <br>

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X