Admin CP Control Panel Home Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin CP Control Panel Home Dead

My Admin CP works still, but the Admin CP Home Page died for some reason... I its an unmodded Beta2.

anyone else with the same or similar problem?
    Luke
    Cheap Web Hosting

Can you please explain what you mean?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I mean like it takes about 3 minutes for the main front page to load... everything else is fine..., the side bar loads as it usually does, but you stare at a white screen for where the Home Page should be in both FIREFOX and IE.
      Luke
      Cheap Web Hosting

Comment

When you load the Admin CP, your vB contacts our server for the latest version info. What you describe happens when your server cannot access the vbulletin.com server. If you have made no changes to the original vBulletin files (no hacks or modifications) then this is a routing problem on your server. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this from our end. You host will need to find out why your server has trouble accessing version.vbulletin.com.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Can you please explain what you mean?
          Hi Steve!

Well, at the german vbulletin forum also a lot of members see the same! After login into the admin cp you wait 3-4 minutes till the welcome page comes up!

I think that's happend because the version query takes to long! But I'm not programmer! So only I think about!
          Because if you for example klick on members the page build up fast. Also other members say in germany if you deactivate the call home function it works fast to login.

The thing what makes me wonder is that it happens since yesterday and that not only one or two members have the problem. Think would be a good idea to show up a possibility to deactivate the call home problem! Because routing problems allways can be occured! And there must be a possibility for the customer to set a timeout for the call home function so that it works fast again or to deactivate it.

Greetings out of Munich
          Hans

P.S. Sorry for my badly english but I hope you understand what I mean!
          Last edited by HansMuenchen; Fri 14 Oct '05, 6:25pm.

Comment

When you load the Admin CP, your vB contacts our server for the latest version info. What you describe happens when your server cannot access the vbulletin.com server. If you have made no changes to the original vBulletin files (no hacks or modifications) then this is a routing problem on your server. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this from our end. You host will need to find out why your server has trouble accessing version.vbulletin.com.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Since Today it works again! Well what happend was as follow:
              1st I log in into the admin CP then normaly I see direct the admin welcome screen, where I can search for members, information about the system where the board is installed etc.

But since the 3 last days I only see into my browser status line: loading

If i click then for example on users or a other menu point on the left side it works fast! Means the information comes up fast!

So only the welcome screen takes a very long time to load. But when I login today it was normal again. Seems to me so that the server where the vbulletin board will connected to was working normal again. I also read about a routing problem. I think that can be or a vbulletin problem with the server where the board is connecting to!

My suggestion will be (maybe for one of the next releases) that the developer of vbulletin include a query that when the connecting process will takes longer then 10 seconds the connecting process will be abborted.

Greetings
              Hans

Comment

Since Today it works again! Well what happend was as follow:
                1st I log in into the admin CP then normaly I see direct the admin welcome screen, where I can search for members, information about the system where the board is installed etc.

But since the 3 last days I only see into my browser status line: loading

If i click then for example on users or a other menu point on the left side it works fast! Means the information comes up fast!

So only the welcome screen takes a very long time to load. But when I login today it was normal again. Seems to me so that the server where the vbulletin board will connected to was working normal again. I also read about a routing problem. I think that can be or a vbulletin problem with the server where the board is connecting to!

My suggestion will be (maybe for one of the next releases) that the developer of vbulletin include a query that when the connecting process will takes longer then 10 seconds the connecting process will be abborted.

What I will do in the next time is (because I think I don't need) to exclude the call home function in the vbulletin. Because definitely I don't need waiting for software if my hardware and also network works fine. I also will look for routing problems in the log since the next days and post the log if you want but don't believe into a routing problem on my side.

Greetings
                Hans

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X