X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by aladinliverpool
    but these are 2 different people on tottally different subnets. or 2 different telco companies or 2 different businesses. theres something more to this
    In that case I don't think it's possible they could be the same IP, unless they were both accessing through the same anonymous proxy.

Leave a comment:

• southernlady
    replied
    Ask yourself these questions?

1) Have they created problems?

2) If the answer to #1 is no, is it worth the worry right now?

3) If that answer is no, what are you worrying over it right now? Liz

Leave a comment:

• aladinliverpool
    replied
    but these are 2 different people on tottally different subnets. or 2 different telco companies or 2 different businesses. theres something more to this

Leave a comment:

• southernlady
    replied
    It's possible that they are using AOL or yahoo who uses some of the same IP for their users. PITB but it happens. Liz

Leave a comment:

• aladinliverpool
    replied
    what if this is the case when you know 2 users are on totally different networks miles away from eash other. like either side of a city.... thats the problem im seeing

Leave a comment:

• -]FusiøN[-
    replied
    Thnx miss. Ill get right on it.

Leave a comment:

• southernlady
    replied
    I changed the amount of time on the Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Time-Out for Cookie to a more acceptable range for ME. Of course it helps that I resresh every so often anyway.

But the part about them being online at the same time, as long as you don't ban the use of same email/IP then it doesn't matter WHICH version of vBulletin you are using. And NO HACK is involved. That is something that is a user option.
    You could have a lan setup and have two different computers (or more) where each person is logged in
    I wouldn't set it up otherwise. If they want two people in their household on the same forum, they can do it the way WE have done it...thru a network. Liz

Leave a comment:

• -]FusiøN[-
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    In 3.5 you can choose to not display the unknown locations. But you can not fill in these details without a hack.
    Works for me. We'll just wait till 3.5 goes final then.

@ lady: On what criteria are you logged in then (and stay logged in).

Leave a comment:

• southernlady
    replied
    And they can be logged in at the same time?
    Yes, they can be logged in at the same time.

You could have a lan setup and have two different computers (or more) where each person is logged in
    My husband and I are also members of the forum and are logged in at the same time occasionally. Altho he doesn't go in very often. Liz

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    In 3.5 you can choose to not display the unknown locations. But you can not fill in these details without a hack.

Leave a comment:

• pieman666
    replied
    Yes it is possible to be logged in with the same IP more than once. You could have a lan setup and have two different computers (or more) where each person is logged in at, or you could use two different browsers (IE and Firefox for example) on the same computer to be logged in twice. I use that method to be logged in as the admin and as a plain user to check settings I have applied are working how I intended.

Leave a comment:

• -]FusiøN[-
    replied
    And they can be logged in at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• southernlady
    replied
    I have a husband and wife at my forum, same IP, same email, different user names.

If I banned the use of same email, I'd lose both. Liz

Leave a comment:

• -]FusiøN[-
    replied
    Its not hack related. Simple question is that if it is possible to be logged in twice with the same ip? If not, is it possible to give an guest that always logs into the same non-public page a fixed name (in stead of guest) in Who's Online, even when he/she/it isnt registered?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Which other problem? If it involves a hack, then you need to ask over at www.vbulletin.org for help.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X