Two accounts on same ip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two accounts on same ip?

We are using a bot on irc which connects to our server to upload data to the forum on who is on irc. Now this bot is hosted by one of the forum members, who is using the same ip as the bot.

http://img202.echo.cx/img202/91/irclogger3xg.jpg

Is it possible to replace the guest account that is browsing "Unknown Location | rconline.php?eventid=refresh" with a name? Something like IRClogger?
    "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."
    -Scott Adams

Not the answer to your question, but might be useful just the same.

Back at vB2, I wrote a hack for FORUMHOME and mIRC that kept an updated list of who was in a chat channel without FTP or having to resort to a "bot".

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48734

If there's interest, I'll port it to vB3. Be aware that the list of users in the chat channel cannot presently exceed 1024 characters. It gets truncated.

Comment

Looks interesting. Thnx for the headsup, but the eggbot we are currently running that sents the info is also running irc stats and logs.

And those will stay since your sollution doesnt require a bot, and therefore would require another connection to quakenet (which cant be done due to max three connections with the same ip which are all used)

Unless you say that everything stays the same, except for that an ftp login isnt needed anymore then.
      "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."
      -Scott Adams

Comment

My mIRC script prepares a list of users in the chat and their modes (op, half-op, etc.) and opens an HTTP GET connection to the forum, submitting that information every 5 or 10 minutes or every time someone comes into the chat. A small php script in the forum (ircbrowse.php) accepts that information and writes it to a file (you must have a folder with +w permissions). showthread.php reads that file, parses the information, and displays it in a table.

It must be an ingenious idea because people keep asking "Don't you need an FTP client or eggdrop?".

I rewrote it to use HTTP POST which would have eliminated the restriction on large chatrooms but my mIRC crashed, destroying the scripts file and I didn't have a backup (never seen mIRC die like that!).

Comment

K, ill ask the server owner if he prefers that. Thnx mate.

Apart from that, any of the vB crew who can help me solve the other problem?
          -Scott Adams

Comment

*bump*
            -Scott Adams

Comment

Which other problem? If it involves a hack, then you need to ask over at www.vbulletin.org for help.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Its not hack related. Simple question is that if it is possible to be logged in twice with the same ip? If not, is it possible to give an guest that always logs into the same non-public page a fixed name (in stead of guest) in Who's Online, even when he/she/it isnt registered?
                -Scott Adams

Comment

I have a husband and wife at my forum, same IP, same email, different user names.

If I banned the use of same email, I'd lose both. Liz
                  Secret City Designs

Comment

And they can be logged in at the same time?
                    -Scott Adams

Comment

Yes it is possible to be logged in with the same IP more than once. You could have a lan setup and have two different computers (or more) where each person is logged in at, or you could use two different browsers (IE and Firefox for example) on the same computer to be logged in twice. I use that method to be logged in as the admin and as a plain user to check settings I have applied are working how I intended.

Comment

In 3.5 you can choose to not display the unknown locations. But you can not fill in these details without a hack.

Comment

And they can be logged in at the same time?
                          Yes, they can be logged in at the same time.

You could have a lan setup and have two different computers (or more) where each person is logged in
                          My husband and I are also members of the forum and are logged in at the same time occasionally. Altho he doesn't go in very often. Liz
                          Secret City Designs

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                            In 3.5 you can choose to not display the unknown locations. But you can not fill in these details without a hack.
                            Works for me. We'll just wait till 3.5 goes final then.

@ lady: On what criteria are you logged in then (and stay logged in).
                            -Scott Adams

Comment

I changed the amount of time on the Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Time-Out for Cookie to a more acceptable range for ME. Of course it helps that I resresh every so often anyway.

But the part about them being online at the same time, as long as you don't ban the use of same email/IP then it doesn't matter WHICH version of vBulletin you are using. And NO HACK is involved. That is something that is a user option.
                              You could have a lan setup and have two different computers (or more) where each person is logged in
                              I wouldn't set it up otherwise. If they want two people in their household on the same forum, they can do it the way WE have done it...thru a network. Liz
                              Secret City Designs

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X