Reverting Templates Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverting Templates Questions.

After reading the post about the differences in the template changes i wanted to see if possible to clear a few things.

When you say revert template....

Does that mean there will now be new code added to this area from 3.0.7 style and you need to add the new code.

Or does it mean by clicking revert template it does more than set it back to original 3.5 template code.

So.. If first one, then we can just add the missing code into the current 3.0.7 version style.

Just some basic clearing up what is ment by the reverting.

Thanks.

When it says it requires a revert, it requires the new code to be added.

Reverting the template resets it to the stock templates from that version.

You can always compare template a and template b

Comment

Reverting a template means that this template will be reverted back to the original code for the version of vB you are running. So if you are running 3.5.0, when you revert a template, it will be reverted to the 3.5.0 version of that template.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok thanks loads, will help us alot now

Weeee off to start styling :P

Comment

When you do a board upgrade does the old templates from the last version get updated too? If you have modified a template will this go away when you upgrade ? What about Phrases & Replacement Variables as well.

Comment

Any unmodified templates, are upgraded, any modified templaets, are unchanged.

Comment

Question and maybe stupid but i can only find reverts all templates in de Admin.
              But how can i revert only one template?

Comment

Originally posted by aberg
                Question and maybe stupid but i can only find reverts all templates in de Admin.
                But how can i revert only one template?
                Styles & Templates -->> Style Manager -->> Edit Templates -->> Highlight the template you'd like to revert then on the right side under "Controls" theres a "Revert" button.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X