A question about posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about posts

I was wondering is there a way to call up from the database the identity of the person who made a particular post. Say post #500 or #1000 or #10,000?

and if there is a way is it the same procedure for both 3.5 and 3.0.7 or would they be different processes. I have a live version of 3.0.7 and a test of 3.5 on my pc I would like to know this question for both versions.
    angelicGrace
    Last edited by angelicGrace; Tue 14 Jun '05, 6:38pm.

Run this query:

SELECT username FROM post WHERE postid='xxxx';

...with 'xxxx' being the postid number.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Also you can try this to see if it is what you want: (It just brings up the actual post)

Code:
      http://www.your_forum_url.com/your_forum_folder/showpost.php?p=NUMBER_OF_POST

Comment

thank you. it turned out what i needed it for didnt' matter. there was someone on the admin staff online with the particular post was made. (we were watchign for post number 10,000 to be hit). there was some worry that we might not be about when it happened. but 2 of the admins were.

thanks to all for your help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X