Solving page cannot be displayed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solving page cannot be displayed.

If you are receiving a "page cannot be displayed" error after uploading vB 3.5.0 Beta files, and you *know* the files are indeed there (and no DNS related issues), try emptying your caching/accelerator directory.
    Be sure you are familiar with SSH, and I make no warranty that this will solve your problem, nor that it is safe for every system.

Usually at [/tmp/eaccelerator]#

If you do not have root, you will need your web host to do this for you.

Look in your log files to see if this fix may be appropriate for you. You may see something similar to this (Error log in cPanel):
    EACCELERATOR: PHP crashed on opline 20 of main()at /home/YOURDIR/public_html/install/init.php:24
    EACCELERATOR: PHP crashed on opline 35 of main() at /home/YOURDIR/public_html/includes/init.php:34

Glenn
    Last edited by TalkMilitary; Fri 10 Jun '05, 1:07pm.

Be "sure" to restart apache after clearing the eaccelerator cache. I was upgrading a forum, and ran in to the same issue yet again. Even after clearing the cache, same issue. I simply forgot to re-start apache. Restarted the service, and the install went great.

Glenn

Comment

Hi,

seems that i have a similar Problem, but with the Zend Engine. If i try to open a page in vb3.5, i am getting, page cannot be displayed, and one of my httpd processes is crashed.

Should i also search for cleaning something for Zend ?

[email protected]

Comment

Check your error logs, and see what it says. That should give a clue if there is anything there.
        Glenn

Originally posted by [email protected]@N
        Hi,

seems that i have a similar Problem, but with the Zend Engine. If i try to open a page in vb3.5, i am getting, page cannot be displayed, and one of my httpd processes is crashed.

Should i also search for cleaning something for Zend ?

[email protected]

Comment

Hello Glenn,

after deactivating the Zend Engine it worked. Don't know how to proceed to empty the cache in Zend, similar to eaccelerator ...

gr33tz

Comment

i did a fresh install and it's loaded once and then getting also page can't be displayed!! would like to hear what the developers say to this ?

Comment

Not a dev, but have you got any caching software on the server? If so, clear it (and restart apache) and try viewing the page again.

I did a second forum the other day, and it is not too consistant, but clearing the eaccelerator cache and restarting apache solved it. This time it happened during the install, and like you... after as well.

It would be nice if their was a way to have the install script *not* cache during install. Not sure if that is possible... perhaps just wishful thinking?
              Last edited by TalkMilitary; Mon 13 Jun '05, 8:43pm. Reason: typo... pain medication is kicking in.

Comment

I am having the same issue and there is no caching software on my server...did a fresh install at least 6 times and getting frustrated.

/edit...
                Finally got it to work and this will be submitted as a bug. I added $config['Misc']['debug'] = true; to my config.php file and now my forum shows up...
                Last edited by Dark_Wizard; Tue 14 Jun '05, 3:19pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Wizard
                  I am having the same issue and there is no caching software on my server...did a fresh install at least 6 times and getting frustrated.

/edit...
                  Finally got it to work and this will be submitted as a bug. I added $config['Misc']['debug'] = true; to my config.php file and now my forum shows up...
                  please where did u added that in config.ini?

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by red_baron2000
                    please where did u added that in config.ini?

thank you
                    Just below this line:
                    PHP Code:
                    $config['Mysqli']['ini_file'] = ''
                    Let me know if this helps you as well....
                    Last edited by Dark_Wizard; Tue 14 Jun '05, 4:17pm.

Comment

i did that... now the page load once and then all i get is this error :

Code:
                      [b][size=2][color=#000080]
                      Fatal error: Please upgrade to vBulletin 3.5.0 or greater in /home/test/public_html/beta/includes/init.php on line 163

[/color][/size][/b][size=2][color=#000080][/color][/size]
                      i need to to keep refreshing or restarting before i can get it loading again.

thanks for your time and help ..it seems vbb guys have no solution for this so far..pitty.

Comment

Originally posted by red_baron2000
                        i did that... now the page load once and then all i get is this error :

Code:
                        [size=2][color=#000080]
                        [b]Fatal error: Please upgrade to vBulletin 3.5.0 or greater in /home/test/public_html/beta/includes/init.php on line 163[/b]

[/color][/size]
                        i need to to keep refreshing or restarting before i can get it loading again.

thanks for your time and help ..it seems vbb guys have no solution for this so far..pitty.
                        Make sure you uploaded all the correct files....

Comment

Same problem here - i've uploaded and then deleted all files and the database countless times , and still get the errors

Think I'll just wait for the stable version !

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Wizard
                            Thanks ........ it is now working without any problem.

Comment

This has been resolved -> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs3...view&bugid=325 and it also resolved this issue -> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142466

Comment