Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr_Butter
    replied
    with 3.0.7 i used to have this issue. I downloaded a fix_cookies.php or something from here which i believe Stevet posted here once.

That fixed it. Does that php file still work with 3.5?

Leave a comment:

• PIKenPIK
    replied
    Originally posted by ThorstenA
    Is DutchFF a Firewall
    I meant FireFox with Dutch menu ....

You can conquer the prob in the settings of Firefox as written above.

Leave a comment:

• poolking
    replied
    Is DutchFF a Firewall
    No I would think its the Dutch version of Firefox.

Leave a comment:

• ThorstenA
    replied
    Originally posted by PIKenPIK
    Look @ the answer above yours
    Is DutchFF a Firewall

Leave a comment:

• PIKenPIK
    replied
    I have solved the problem by shutdown my firewall (Zone Alarm). But it's still unclear, why I can login with opera+firewall, but not with firefox+firewall.
    Look @ the answer above yours

Leave a comment:

• ThorstenA
    replied
    I have solved the problem by shutdown my firewall (Zone Alarm). But it's still unclear, why I can login with opera+firewall, but not with firefox+firewall.

Leave a comment:

• PIKenPIK
    replied
    LET'S PARTY
    ===================

I found the solution .... I'm using the Dutch FF, so here my translation:

FireFox: Go to Extra / Options
    Privacy / Cookies ... Exceptions (dutch: Uitzonderingen)
    Fill in the website and choose Allow (dutch: Toestaan)

Voila

Any PayPal donations are welcome

Leave a comment:

• PIKenPIK
    replied
    FireFox 1.04 & vBulletin 3.07

On other vBulletin-sites no problems whatever. Only on my own board and as far as I know there are no other members (of the 15.000) with my problem.

It doesn't remember my last login at a next visit.
    I can't access the ACP >>> It keeps coming back with the login screen.

Time-out cookie is set to 300 secs. So after that period i'm logged out!

Deleted all cookies/buffer etc. in FireFox and Internet Explorer. Uninstalled FF 1.04. Re-installed FF.

Tried the above solutions, but nothing works.

And really .... googled the whole world. I see lots of peepz with same prob, but no salvation!
    Last edited by PIKenPIK; Fri 1 Jul '05, 1:58am.

Leave a comment:

• FD929
    replied
    Thank you Steve. I referred to your post about tools.php since I couldn't log back in, reverted cookie path and domain and changed the cookie in config.php and logged in fine.

Off to do the same with the 3.0.6 now ...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I would set the cookie path and domain back to the defaults and use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.

Leave a comment:

• FD929
    replied
    I'm using IE6 and can't hold a cookie. Login completes and redirects to login screen(admincp). The forum returns not logged in. I followed the instructions to the t with /forums/ as cookie path and /test/ on the new install and subdomains set up properly. I can log in fine on the main, but not at all on the 3.5 beta 2.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Basil
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Many FF extensions also cause problems with vB 3.0.7. I was merely pointing this issue out. If you don't want to remove them, then that's fine. It's difficcult to know beforehand which advice will be appreciated and which will be summarilly dismissed.
    Steve,

I just re-read my post. My apologies for coming off harsh, it was not my intention. I was not aware that some FF extensions had caused problems with 3.0.7

None of the extensions I have installed change the html / javascript display functions or security / cookie settings in FF. They are all Bookmark and Weather related.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Many FF extensions also cause problems with vB 3.0.7. I was merely pointing this issue out. If you don't want to remove them, then that's fine. It's difficcult to know beforehand which advice will be appreciated and which will be summarilly dismissed.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Basil
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    I have no problems with FF 1.0.4 and the 3.5.0 Admin CP. Try removing any extensions you've installed.
    Why should we have to remove extensions in our browser? I for one only have 4-5 extensions but don't think we should have to do this as I have to re-setup all of my settings in each extension.

VB3.0.x works just fine with my current Firefox setup and so should VB 3.5

No biggie, I can ust use IE6 to log into the admincp. That's why it's Beta software.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I have no problems with FF 1.0.4 and the 3.5.0 Admin CP. Try removing any extensions you've installed.

Leave a comment: