No announcement yet.

Install is not getting past Step 6.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't you break the language XML into multiple smaller files?
    A E R I T H
    vBulletin 2 freak! xD

Comment

Originally posted by Aerith_Freak
      Can't you break the language XML into multiple smaller files?
      That's one of the options we're looking into.

Comment

We have a possible solution, but we need to test it on a board that initially failed the upgrade at step 6.

Could someone who fits these criteria please PM me or Mike with FTP details so we can do some testing? Your database will be unaffected.

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
          We have a possible solution, but we need to test it on a board that initially failed the upgrade at step 6.

Could someone who fits these criteria please PM me or Mike with FTP details so we can do some testing? Your database will be unaffected.
          Done

Comment

If you still need further testbeds, I can provide one - I had the same problem, but I though't it wasn't important enough to reportt it - so I just increased the limit systemwide

Comment

I'm getting this problem at Step 6 - any ideas?

importing vbulletin-language.xml
              Warning:xml_get_error_code(): 26 is not a valid XML parser in resource
              /usr/local//psa/home/vhosts/domain name/subdomains/test/httpdocs/forum/includes/class_xml.php on line 243
              Same for line 233

then:

Could not find phrase 'xml_error_x_at_line_y'

Comment

vbulletin-language.xml was re-uploaded and it solved the problem

Comment

Agh! Same message again at Step 10

Comment

I re-uploaded the relevant file again and it all went smoothly

Comment

well I search. the forums for my problem but nothing. so here is mine porb.
                      It wont simple install. Firts I try and all I got was a page not found. then just got pissed off and reloaded like 30 times. then after the input of my number it would load. again I reload but nothing so a friend suggested to chmod all files so I did. and now it wotn get to step 2 couse I get a page not found. ANd it is there.

Well I fix that problem and all Ineed was to chmod all files and it work after step13 I get this now

PHP Code:
                         Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:

SELECT useridusername FROM user WHERE userid =;

MySQL Error You have an error in your SQL syntaxcheck the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
                       Error Number 
                       Date         
                      TuesdayAugust 2nd 2005 12:26:00 AM
                       Script       
                      http://www.saintzero.com/forums/install/install.php?step=13

Referrer     http://www.saintzero.com/forums/install/install.php

IP Address   71.109.247.193
                       Username     

Classname    vb_database 
                      and after I goto the index.ph[/PHP]

Fatal error: Please upgrade to vBulletin 3.5.0 or greater. Also, Turck MMCache has been detected on your server. If you have already installed 3.5, try disabling Turck MMCache. in /includes/init.php on line 165

and in line 165 theres this

PHP Code:
                       trigger_error('Please upgrade to vBulletin 3.5.0 or greater. Also, Turck MMCache has been detected on your server. If you have already installed 3.5, try disabling Turck MMCache.'E_USER_ERROR);
                          } 
                      mm whats goin on
                      Last edited by s1l3ncer; Mon 1 Aug '05, 9:30pm.

Comment

Would like to add some important information to this thread...

I also was getting errors on importing the xml language file, and increased the php.ini file to 16m.

This still did not fix the error.

However, when the privvm pages in the php.ini file were bumped up in memory, the install completed successfully.

Comment