Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can override primary group title/markup, What does this do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can override primary group title/markup, What does this do?

My understanding is this allows the Secondary Assigned group to use its Title text rather than the one set in the Primary? Am I wrong as I cannot get this to work?

Lets say we have your main usergroup and it has a markup to make its username Red and it has the title of basic member.

If a user gets added to a secondary usergroup, and it has this setting on, and its markup will make the username blue and its title is Advanced Memeber the users markup and title will change to reflect this, if the setting does not. it wont.

Comment

Then why isnt it working for me? I have Normal Registered user group and add a secondary for people who donate to my board, which gives them a orange text name and a custom title. It works if they are primary but not secondary. Is this a bug or am I missing some settings somewhere?
      Last edited by ]SK[; Fri 12 Mar '04, 2:44am. Reason: Correct Spelling

Comment

Can someone come back to me on this, I have users who want to pay and I cant let them

Comment

Im going to have to bump this thread. If its a bug tell me so I can at least configure the Forum ready for when theres a fix. Im hoping its just me at fault. Please someone reply.

Comment

Help?

Comment

You did enable it for the secondary usergroup correct?

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by ]SK[
                    Ideas?
                    Had the same problem and just thought I'd set it up wrong. Maybe report it as a bug?

Comment

Well im new to vB and dont want to be saying as such if im wrong. I was hoping someone from vB might be able to tell me but it seems they are ignoring this. All I want is a reply.

Comment

I personaly havent been able to replicate it :/ you can try reporting it as a bug.

Comment

Same here

I'm having the same problem.

- My main usergroup has no markup.
                          - I have a moderator group set to bold.
                          - My moderators remain in the main usergroup as their primary but are assigned to the moderator group as their additional group. Their names should be showing up bold but they're not.

Thanks for any help with this...

Comment

"Can override primary group title/markup" is a Public Usergroup setting - it has no effect on additional (secondary) groups *unless* they are Public Groups. If a user belongs to one or more additional Public groups, *and* this override option has been checked 'Yes' in their Primary Usergroup, then in their UserCP they will be able to choose to be identified using the Title (including HTML Markup) and Rank of their primary group *or* the Title and Rank of any of the Public Groups they belong to.

If this seems complicated, go register at the Admin Zone and join one or more of our Public Groups, then go look at the Group Membership section of your UserCP. Until you use these Public Groups a bit they are kind of mysterious...

Aside from Public Groups as described above, Title and Rank will only reflect a user's Primary Group. Perhaps in an upcoming release the Title and/or Rank systems will be expanded...
                            The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
                            Articles - Forum Review
                            Interviews:
                            KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
                            Paul M

Comment

This has been fixed.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs....2547&status=20

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X