Admin Upgrade 3.0 cannot login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Upgrade 3.0 cannot login

Just downloaded (tonite) and ran the upgrades. All went well EXCEPT that now I am unable to login to the Admin site. When I go to log in it gives me the user name and password option. I fill them in and proceed. It then keeps Redirecting me to the same login page without giving me the control panel.

Should be a simple fix but what is it ?

TIA

Hi there,

Close all browsers and clear your cookies, then try to login again.
    If it then still fails, check out this thread : (brb, finding url)

Comment

There ya go:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91523
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73439

hopefully this clears it up for you.

Comment

Tried clearing cookies and history, etc. Still cannot login through admin or moderator CP. I keep getting redirected back to the login screen (after it thanks me of course).

The script doesn't run

???

Comment

Doesn't run how?

Does it show the source code, or a blank screen or give an error?

Comment

Originally posted by floris
            Doesn't run how?

Does it show the source code, or a blank screen or give an error?
            Fatal error: Failed opening required './includes/init.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Network\Apache2\htdocs\vBs\upload\admincp\fix_login.php on line 3

It seems that I am able to somehow get into the change password menu by selecting that option when I login as a user. I can then read the forum but cannot post to it. When I try to login as an administrator (as a user it is closed) it gives me the login screen. I put my name and pw and get redirected to the exact same login screen which is:
            http://compchat.coom:8080/vbbs/admincp/index.php?

I thought perhaps there was something wrong in the config file but I couldn't find anything. I have already cleared my cookies and cache (on two computers) to no avail. Obviously something is wrong but I dunno.

Last edited by bernard; Wed 10 Mar '04, 11:51pm.

Comment

move the fix_login.php script up a folder into the root directory.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Hmmm..

Whenever I try to put /vbbs/ in a URL it seems vbulletin parses it to /vBs/

Perhaps that is the problem !

Comment

Originally posted by bernard
                  Hmmm..

Whenever I try to put /vBs/ in a URL it seems vbulletin parses it to /vBs/

Perhaps that is the problem !
                  Trying again to give the url

http://compchat.com:8080/vBs/admincp/index.php?

This should read:
                  http:/compchat.com:8080/vBs/admincp/index.php? (note I left out the slash)
                  It seems that vbulletin changes the vBs to vBs. Why ???

Comment

Originally posted by bernard
                    Trying again to give the url

http://compchat.com:8080/vBs/admincp/index.php?

This should read:
                    http:/compchat.com:8080/vBs/admincp/index.php? (note I left out the slash)
                    It seems that vbulletin changes the vBs to vBs. Why ???
                    vBS

This system changes "vBS" to vBs

Try it

It should read Victor Boy Boy Sam ( but parses vBs)
                    Last edited by bernard; Wed 10 Mar '04, 11:59pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                      move the fix_login.php script up a folder into the root directory.
                      Script Ran but didn't fix the problem

Comment

Because a lot of users type v b b instead of v b - then v b b gets replaced with v b

Comment

bernard can you pm me some login information so i can try to see if its working for me.
                          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

For whatever it is worth,

I have been having the same problem on multiple computers since upgrading to RC4.

From everything I have read on here it seems to be isolated to people running the forum on a localhost server using apache (which is what I was doing as well)

I have tried under linux, windowsXP, and windows2k and get the same inability to login to the admincp.

I have tried the fix_login.php script and the mycookies.php script.

I can upload the information from my localhost directory to my webhost and access everything fine.

I didn't work with RC3 much at all, but I know I was able to login with RC2 using the localhost setup.

For me it was more convienent to just start working with the files on my webhost, but the problem was never solved.

Comment

Originally posted by xWARx
                              For whatever it is worth,

I have been having the same problem on multiple computers since upgrading to RC4.

From everything I have read on here it seems to be isolated to people running the forum on a localhost server using apache (which is what I was doing as well)

I have tried under linux, windowsXP, and windows2k and get the same inability to login to the admincp.

I have tried the fix_login.php script and the mycookies.php script.

I can upload the information from my localhost directory to my webhost and access everything fine.

I didn't work with RC3 much at all, but I know I was able to login with RC2 using the localhost setup.

For me it was more convienent to just start working with the files on my webhost, but the problem was never solved.
                              Is there another way, other than localhost. For instance using a domain name or an IP address ? This would be in the config.php ??

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X