Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Problem

Hi There

How can I send an email in HTML format via Control Panel ?
    Whenever I Tried, it just send it in plain email format
    I always send in html format via Outlook
    Vbulletin Control Panel does not let send email in html format ?

The 'send email to users' feature isn't designed to include that type of MIME to let you HTML_Email to users. Unfortunatly!

There is most likely a hack released on vbulletin.org that will let you do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
      The 'send email to users' feature isn't designed to include that type of MIME to let you HTML_Email to users. Unfortunatly!

There is most likely a hack released on vbulletin.org that will let you do this.
      I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but in my forum, If I click on a user name 'nnn' in a thread and choose the menu option; "send email to nnn", then I just get a message saying like this: "The email address for nnn is [email protected]". If I click on that email link, then my local email program (Microsoft Outlook Express) opens. However If I do the same on a member here in your community forum, I get a HTML form where I can type my message and send it. What can I do to get the same email form as you use here in your community forums ? Or.....are you using a "hack" ?

Thanks
      Regards
      Victor

Comment

Hi there

Goto the Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Email settings > and change the settings. (as explained here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ns_group_email) <--- still quite basic, hopefully we expand this in the near future.

Comment

Ok, that worked, thanks!

Vic20

Comment

Glad it did.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X