Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

local backup.SQL file, how to get into the SQL files on my server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local backup.SQL file, how to get into the SQL files on my server?

hello, i have an *.sql backup file (3 megs total)... what do i do in SQL to get it to be in the database before running upgrade.php?

I know this and that's all i know:

backup database, download database, upload database and new RC4 files, edit config.php, run upgrade.php.

So in the end, how do i upload my database, do i just put the 3 meg *.sql file somewhere? and if so, where?

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html Follow thos directions and you should be good.

Comment

well i am upgrading from v3beta5 to v3RC4... what then?

Comment

if youve upgraded the database already just upload the files to the server.

Comment

Are you restoring a db or upgrading?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok guys now i got real problems!

guys get a look at this, after the upgrade.php went through all the cycles to get up to RC4:

if you go to this URL:
            http://www.ivibe.com/forum/

you get this error:
            Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in /var/www/html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 2893

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 2893

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
            File: /var/www/html/forum/includes/functions.php
            Line: 2893

Now what is THAT all about?

Man I'm having a hard time here, should i just give up?
            Last edited by ivibe; Tue 9 Mar '04, 9:55pm.

Comment

reupload all the default non image files in ASCII mode. Im guessing you had a bad upload

Comment

well i re-uploaded everything and still, same error. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Zachery
                reupload all the default non image files in ASCII mode. Im guessing you had a bad upload

Comment

Is functions.php uploaded all the way? It looks to me like it's only 3/4 uploaded and it's erroring out on that one line (2893).
                  To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -- Homer Simpson

Comment

my functions.php file is 101 KB (103,656 bytes)

my functions.php file is:
                    101 KB (103,656 bytes)

is that correct? if not, why did it expand this way? that's from my original download...

Comment

For RC4 mine shows: 103655 bytes

It sounds like you are not uploading this in ASCII
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X