X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Thebert
    • Mar 2001
    • 5.5.x

Paid Subscriptions bypass E-mail Verification

An unregistered/guest user is not permitted to purchase a paid subscription, and instead is prompted to login or register. Good.

A user "awaiting e-mail verification" should receive similar treatment when they attempt to upgrade to a paid subscription, shouldn't they? Some sort of a prohibition warning, reminding them that a premium subscription cannot be purchased until they verify their e-mail address?

As is, unverified users leapfrog right over the "Registered User" usergroup and become extra-privileged members, without ever verifying their e-mail addresses.

Am I missing something? Or should this design be re-evaluated?

Bill
    Last edited by Bill Thebert; Tue 9 Mar '04, 12:15pm.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

I am not yet experienced with the paid subscriptions part, but I think this is either the waiting validation usergroup has higher permissions set for the usergroup permissions then the usergroup unregistered.

You might want to look into that and otherwise it could be that it is missing a checkup for that usergroup (maybe it only does : if not logged in ... instead of based on seperate usergroups).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎