Views not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Views not updating

I'm a bit new to vB so bare with me if this is a simple question. Some of my users, myself included have noticed that the views counters are not increasing, even after a long period of time. Where do I set/change this and how long should it take to update?

Cheers,
    Jeff

You can set this in the AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Server Settings and Optimization Options > Update Thread Views Immediately Yes/No

Option to update thread views immediately, or once an hour. If you have a large forum, you will probably want to disable immediate updates, since they are quite server intensive. If you enable this option, the thread view counter for a thread will be updated in realtime as threads are viewed. Otherwise, they will be stored and updated every hour (by default) en masse. We recommend disabling this option for larger or busier forums as updating them in realtime can have a performance impact.
    The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
    Articles - Forum Review
    Interviews:
    KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
    Paul M

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Do you know if views are registered as unique views? ONe of my mods had been testing it over the last few days and says even though he has visited the thread dozens of times, the views only registered as 1 or 2.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Yes, these are unique views. There is an option in the Admin CP to only update these once per hour though.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by the Sandman
              You can set this in the AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Server Settings and Optimization Options > Update Thread Views Immediately Yes/No

Option to update thread views immediately, or once an hour. If you have a large forum, you will probably want to disable immediate updates, since they are quite server intensive. If you enable this option, the thread view counter for a thread will be updated in realtime as threads are viewed. Otherwise, they will be stored and updated every hour (by default) en masse. We recommend disabling this option for larger or busier forums as updating them in realtime can have a performance impact.
              I still have problem updating my view counter even though I set Update Thread Views Immediately to Yes.

It is also strange when certain threads' view counter could be updated after a Hit and others couldn't.

Please refer to http://www.billystudio.com/vB/forumdisplay.php?f=13.
              (Please change vB to v b b in that link)
              (It's Chinese Language Big5 Code)
              Please click to see that only 3 out of 8 threads could function normally.
              Last edited by BillyBilly2000; Thu 18 Mar '04, 1:55am.

Comment

same problem here...

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    Yes, these are unique views. There is an option in the Admin CP to only update these once per hour though.
                    Hi Steve, although you can set this to once an hour, will in not still add those hits that arn't unique? say if I hit that same thread 10 times, will it add the 10 to the counter the next hour? We're needing to know specific unique hits as in per user etc, so 1 person cant hit it 100 times to increase it. Maybe Im missing something hewre you explained?

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details, additional try not to bump 4 year old threads.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X