Member having problems logging out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member having problems logging out

One (literally, one) member is having problems logging out. He says he's using IE6 with all the patches. When he hits the logout, he see's the "all cookies cleared etc" screen, clicks the link to go back to forumhome, but he's still logged in. He said he even tried deleting the cookie manually from the cookie folder.

Any ideas? I can't recreate the problem at all.

This is definitely a cookie problem. Try this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...514#post589514
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Close browser, delete cookies, restart computer. Also make sure he isn't viewing a cached page (refresh the browser window). I have seen situations where the user is viewing a cached page that shows they are logged in when in fact they are not.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll try it out. I can't believe I didn't see that sticky! I even searched an everything

Comment

I have the same problem too.

After I loggeed out, I still see the username present in the 'Who's Online'
          iHu6.com (BETA) - www.ihu6.com

Comment

I've seen something similar.

I have a brand new install of VB3 and I'm testing it with a buddy (everything works fine for me).

He's running on Compuserve. When he logs in with the Compuserve browser, I still see him online after he logs out. He switches to the generic IE6 and he's gone when he logs out.

So, it seems that the Compuserve browser is a contributing factor.

Another weird thing - when he's online, phantom "guest" users start popping up - at one time with just him and me online, 6 guest were shown. Eventually they go away. The "guests" seem to be shadowing his actions.

I'm sure they are not real guests - the board has been up about 5 hours and nobody knows it exists.

Strange.
            Askold Wawryszyn

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X