Regularly log specified users out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regularly log specified users out?

I'm trying to figure out how to log certain users out on a regular basis.

I have several admins (we all are owners of the same company) and we are usually logging in from different machines in our stores. We also log in from home quite a bit.

At home, we'd like to stay logged in, but in the store, obviously we do not. So it's a question of remembering to un-check the "remember login" box, which we are pretty good at - but pretty good isn't enough when it comes to leaving admins logged in on public machines. We're always paraniod we forgot to log out somewhere - silly but true.

I was thinking I could create a script that would log out the specified users, and make it a scheduled cron task in vb3 that would run once a day in the middle of the night. I'm having trouble with figuring out the right query though/getting the script correct, and would appreciate any pointers in this area.

Thanks!
    Ixian
    Maximum Gamer

As logging the admins out of the admin CP after a certain amount of time, is part of the software, it should be rather easy to implement it also for the board itself. However this is hacking - for sure - and I guess the mods will lead you to vbulletin.org for making this request

But I would like to say: This is an option I would love to see implemented by Jelsoft - as it also gets handy on fairs

Comment

Even if you log everyone out with a script, the cookie will still be there on the computer from which the person logged in. If some one loads your forums from that computer then they will be automatically logged in.

You might be able to come up with a creative solution by hacking the vBulletin files, but aside from that the only thing you can do is:

1) Remember to uncheck the "Remember Me" box.

or

2) Change the password of the account afterwards which will invalidate the cookie on the machine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X