Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't upload attachments

I am running VB3 RC4.

Today, all of a sudden, I received this error message when I tried to upload an image (or any other file) to my forum:

"Attachment only partially uploaded."

And it is neither 'partially' nor totally uploaded. I tried this with various image sizes and dimensions. I sometimes get this error message:

"The file you uploaded is not a valid jpg (or gif or png) file."

Why did this happen?

Can you paste the full error message here?

Comment

Sure,

First I go to some thread. click on new reply. then select 'manage attachements'.
      On the pop-up window I click on browse and select s1.jpg (for exapmle) with size 9.3KB.

then I click on Upload. I wait, and then I get this error message ONLY (this is displayed on top of the 'manage attachments window':

------
      Upload Errors s1.jpg:
      Attachment only partially uploaded.
      ------

This is entirelely reproducable.

Comment

Try reparing and optimizing your tables, have you installed any hacks?

Comment

I have no hacks in the software. I already repaired/optimized tables a couple of times. I got no errors

Comment

Can you provide me with a link to your board so i may try? and a test account if its not too much trouble

Comment

This is a very odd error ive never seen before. Steve or a Dev might be better able to handle this, I'm sorry i was not of more help.

Comment

Well, you don't have to be sorry. I was wondering. Can there be a problem with the hosting? Can they put limitations on what kind of uploads users can make? I never changed my settings for some time, but I just started getting these error messages tonight. I was not sure of whether this was a bug in the software or a server problem.

And can you pass my pm to Steve or to devel guys, maybe they can figure out what the problem was?

Thanks for the help

Comment

If steve asks i will, Im sure he will see this in a few hours, he is usualy up somewhat early (at least ive noticed this ) It could be a problem with php or mysql, but again im not very sure.

Comment

The problem is resolved by itself.

Probably there was an error with the php or mysql server.

Sorry for taking your time Zak

Comment

Not a problem at all, glad to help

Comment

now im getting it, i optimized/repaired 4 times, and all templates are original

1.JPG:
                        Attachment only partially uploaded.

Comment

Working...
                        X