• Show
Clear All

• Hussain
    replied
    Thanks Merk. Got the picture.

Leave a comment:

• merk
    replied
    Either option will allow a user to be a member of a secondary usergroup - what it stops from happening is permission inheritence.

Numbers = secondary

User is a member of GROUP A and GROUP 1 2 and 3.

Groups 1 2 and 3 give the user special access rights (group A allows it). You now wish to ban this user, or they didnt pay their subscription, or some other reason.

You move them to Group B - which doesnt allow permission inheritence - and now they dont get to inherit the permissions that came with being a member of groups 1 2 and 3.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If it is enabled, or turned on, users may belong to additional usergroups./

Leave a comment:

• Hussain
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    IF you turn it off, users cannot belong to secondary usergroups (usefull if it is a banned user)
    What about if it is turned on? Then how could one use it constructively? Is there some place I could read this? I mean there is no help attached to when one is setting the user permissions as there is with the other features. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    IF you turn it off, users cannot belong to secondary usergroups (usefull if it is a banned user)

Leave a comment:

• Hussain
    started a topic How do I?

How do I?

How do I use:

Allow Users to have Member Groups
    (Sets whether or not permissions from the user's member (secondary) user group memberships are inherited or not)

Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X