All users see WYSIWYG editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All users see WYSIWYG editor?

Hi how do I enable so that all users see the full WYSIWYG editor when replying? Currently I had to go into my cpanel and manually switch it over. In admincp I have it set to "Enable Standard & WYSIWYG Controls"

To set this for all users:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query

Then choose the appropriate query and click on 'Continue'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Done this SQL-query now..

But how about new users? I want them to have the WYSIWYG-interface as standard?

Comment

To set it for new users:
        Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options (group) > vBulletin Options (link) > User Registration Options (group) > Default Registration Options (option): Set the Message Editor Interface to 'Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Toolbar'.

To update the quick reply editor:
        Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options (group) > vBulletin Options (link) > Message Posting Interface Options (group) > Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls (option): Set the Message Editor Interface to 'Enable Enhanced (WYSIWYG) controls'.

To update the message editor:
        Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options (group) > vBulletin Options (link) > Message Posting and Editing Options (group) > Quick Reply Enabled (option): Set the Message Editor Interface to 'Yes - Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Toolbar'.

To force existing users:
        Admin Control Panel > Import & Maintenance (group) > Execute SQL Query (link) > Automatic Query (option) > Select from the drop down "Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar" and let it run.

(note, your userid must be set in the config.php file in order to have permission to execute SQL queries!)

Ok, that should do the trick.

Comment

There are some caveats when using the WYSIWYG editor. If you cut/paste something from a website, the content appears "as-is". That is, with ads, links, etc all present and fully functional. When you attempt to edit these out (using that editor), you cannot see the items. You have to use the standard editor to see and remove them. I used the WYSIWYG editor for about a week, then went back to the standard one. I'm much happier....

YMMV

Comment

Thanks again.. Feel a bit stupid that I couldn't find that myself.

I'll have to blame that I'm new vBulletin-user.. I did look, but didn't find it...

Comment

Originally posted by Johan H
              Thanks again.. Feel a bit stupid that I couldn't find that myself.

I'll have to blame that I'm new vBulletin-user.. I did look, but didn't find it...
              Don't worry about it. Everybody who is new asks questions that later appear to be obvious. It is a 'getting used to' situation. And therefor .. do not feel shy asking us. That is why we are here. Good luck with your new community.

Tip of the day: http://www.vBulletin.com/docs/html

Personal note: I love the WYSIWYG editor. I tested it for a week and hardly ever go back to the normal editor

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X