X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forumdisplay.php Anomaly for only *some* Users

VB3 RC4

Upgrade is 8+ days old.

This afternoon I added and deleted some Custom User Profile Fields, and shortly thereafter I was inundated with users complaining of anomalous output from forumdisplay.php

A sample (screenshot + source) of the anomalous output is attached.

Only about HALF of my users appear to be affected. I can provide user IDs that are, and that are not, impacted by whatever this problem is.

NEW users that register since the changes I made this afternoon are NOT affected.

If an affected user goes to the User CP and makes a change -- any change (e.g., changing the time zone) -- and then SAVES the user profile, then the problem goes away. This has been tested as an effective workaround in *many*, but not *all*, cases.

This problem is *quite apparently* related to the User Profiles somehow.

On a single computer, I can log in with two different IDs; one experiences the problem, and one does not. Unregistered/Guest/Logged-out viewers do NOT experience the anomaly.

I can repeat the above on multiple, different computers.

I am in urgent need of help with this. Should I "Repair/Optimize Tables"? "Fix Broken User Profiles"? The help/docs that accompany these AdminCP functions don't really help me decide whether they're appropriate or not.

Regards,

Bill
    Attached Files
    Bill Thebert
    Last edited by Bill Thebert; Sat 28 Feb '04, 7:45pm.

I would try fixing broken user profiles first. If that doesn't work let me know.

You should also try confirming this problem with a default style to make sure it's not a style problem (template conditionals come to mind as a possible culprit). Create a new style in your:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X