• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild Similar Threads times out

Hello,

we are testing vB3 RC4 on our testing db and got the following error:

Rebuild Similar Threads

hangs after showing 4 or 5 numbers (threads?) and times out, doing a reload doesn't help, going back neither.

Problems with our limits?
    http://www.mcseboard.de/pinfo.php

thx,
    -Tom
    www.MCSEboard.de
    German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

^^^
    www.MCSEboard.de
    German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

I have the same problem, also with reindexing, but when reindexing, it results in a database error
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Please help!
        www.MCSEboard.de

Comment

I remember mike fixing a bug about this in the past month or so, but i can't seem to find it in the bug tracker. I'll point mike to this thread when he's online.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Ok, thanks.
            Take your time
            www.MCSEboard.de

Comment

Not really fixing a bug -- it's related to boards being in other languages and very common words being indexed. Thus, some thread titles will return a very large amount of posts.

I did make some changes so that it shouldn't happen as often, but it still may happen.

Now, the best way to fix it is to add common words in your language to includes/badwords.php, reindex the search engine, and then try similar threads again.

This will be looked into for future versions.

Comment

Ok, I'll do some testing

Thanks, sounds good to me.
                www.MCSEboard.de

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan
                  Since this would be language dependant, adding a phrase would be a good idea I guess. Then get all 'translations' of that phrase and parse and merge them into one array. Would be better, then having one huge list for all languages I guess ^^
                  Hints & Tips:
                  [[vB3] More Spiders / Indexers / Archives for vB3 - list]|[List of one-time-emails to ban]

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...efox_80x15.png

Comment

I'm for using MySQL Fulltext searching where badwords wouldn't be needed since MySQL will ignore words with a certain perecentage in the total words in the index.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X