No Statistics for posts prior to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Statistics for posts prior to

the date the board was put up. Yeah, I know that sounds odd but bear with me.

I created my vbulletin board a few months ago and imported 3 years worth of WebBBS posts. These posts have the correct dates and links and show up properly.

I wanted to compare thread volume for the current period to the same period last year. However doing so turns up activity only from the date the board was created. It doesn't seem to search back for information that is prior to the creation date - even though the threads and posts are there. If I set the start and end dates to a time prior to the board creation date I get a "No Matches Found" message.

Not sure if this is considered a bug or is an "as designed" situation.

Did you try updating the counters?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Anything specific?

I did do all the updates right after I imported the data and before I opened the board to the public. Is there a spcific item, as opposed to just doing all of them, that should be done?

Comment

I would update the post, forums and threads counter to see if this resolves the problem.

Also how did you import the WebBBS data? There is no official import script for that system.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          I would update the post, forums and threads counter to see if this resolves the problem.

Also how did you import the WebBBS data? There is no official import script for that system.
          Turns out I had to rerun the Update Post Counts to get it to update. I thought I'd done that when I imported the data originally but since I started over several times I guess I missed it the last time.

As far as importing the WebBBS data is concerned, I modified the importer (1.16r) that's over at vb.org for vb 2.2 and WebBBS 5.x so that it works with vb 3.0 and WebBBS 5.12. I also made some improvements in dealing with orphan and deleted threads, etc. If there's any interest I'll be happy to pass it along.

Comment

Working...
          X