how do I create a homepage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I create a homepage?

I have all my fourms setup the way I want to, now I'd like to add a homepage where I can put info about the site before members enter the forums. How do I go about this? Thanks!

You can do this either by static html or you could find a hack or a CMS that would do this for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      You can do this either by static html or you could find a hack or a CMS that would do this for you.
      how do I go about doing these two? sorry for all the questions lol

Comment

Well you can search at vBulletin.org for a Portal / Homepage Type setup. Or you can by hand code a webpage

www.w3schools.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          Well you can search at vBulletin.org for a Portal / Homepage Type setup. Or you can by hand code a webpage

www.w3schools.com
          can't download anything from that site, I put in my lisc. info and everything and stil am unable to...

Comment

You need to use the same email that you would use here. its case and whitespace sensitive

Comment

cool, it worked thanks!

on the first step it says to do this...

Open template.php file (located in /admin/forum folder) and perform the code change listed below.
              FIND:
              $only['getinfo'] = 'User Info Display';
              BELOW, ADD:
              $only['home'] = 'Home Page';

Save the file.

where in the admin cp do I find this. I know I have to be careful because I can bring he board down if I do something worng.

Comment

This is not a hacking forum, you should inquire at vBulletin.org where you got this hack

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X