Too late to move vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too late to move vbulletin?

At the moment my vbulletin is in the public_html folder. Is it too late to make another folder within that public_htmp folder then put my vbulletin in that new folder. I say this in preparation for putting my front end web page which I wish to open first.

How far is your forum setup?

Its not hard to change the url in the vBulletin options, its more a case of how many threads has google spidered and how many bookmarks are people using?

Comment

How far is your forum setup?
      Just have 12 members, mainly friends at the moment, and 2 or 3 real members.

Its not hard to change the url in the vBulletin options, its more a case of how many threads has google spidered and how many bookmarks are people using?
      Merk, when you say threads google has spidered, do you mean our 116 posts so far? Does Google do this automatically? And I presume you're asking numbers because it may make sense to nuke and start again?

Comment

Originally posted by Rains
        At the moment my vbulletin is in the public_html folder. Is it too late to make another folder within that public_htmp folder then put my vbulletin in that new folder. I say this in preparation for putting my front end web page which I wish to open first.
        It is very simple and any good FTP app will allow you to move the forums to another folder just by dragging the files into it. What you need to do first is create a directory under public_html called "forums" then move all the vb files and directories into the forums directory, once completed then login to your admincp and change the urls to point to the new location....the spiders will be back so the loss is minimal.

Comment

Thanks, Dark Wizard. Notes taken. I may "nuke" the board anyway. Just done a SSH back-up with Putty. Webfusion didn't allow Telnet. Figure it's best to nuke now and test back-up before I get another member.

Comment

You dont need to nuke the forums.

Just move the forum files into /forums/ and adjust the board url in the admincp.

Comment

Thanks for the input Merk, Dark_Wizard.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X