Firefox 0.8 and Private Message pop up box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 0.8 and Private Message pop up box

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same problem with RC4.

When you receive a new private message and the box prompts you whether you want to open the private message in the current window or a new window, when I opt to open the message in a new window, nothing happens, so I have to go into the private messages area to read the new message.

I have the same problem with firefox .8.

If you select cancel in the 2nd box, the pm page loads fine in the current window.

Comment

Isn't this because Firefox blocks all pop-ups by default? When a pop-up is suppressed an icon will appear in the bottom left corner of your browser. If you click on this you have the option to exclude the site from the anti-pop-up protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
        Isn't this because Firefox blocks all pop-ups by default? When a pop-up is suppressed an icon will appear in the bottom left corner of your browser. If you click on this you have the option to exclude the site from the anti-pop-up protection.
        So then, how come a read receipt pop up will appear briefly after you have confirmed a read receipt?

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
          So then, how come a read receipt pop up will appear briefly after you have confirmed a read receipt?
          You clicking something that causes JavaScript to run and popup a window is different from a page automatically generating a popup without you doing anything - one is simply a prompt from something you did the other is an annoying popup (that the browser filters).

Comment

Go to Tools -> Options -> Web Features and do an Add Site ...
            http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
            German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X