Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.bigusername where to change its properties?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • .bigusername where to change its properties?

    I tried doing this within the admin cp

    Code:
     /* ***** styling for 'big' usernames on postbit etc. ***** */
    .bigusername { font-size: 13pt; font-style: italic; }
    But I cannot change it's color, font, style etc. Where can I find this in order to make a change to it? using the above does not do it correctly.
    Louis| Techieville.com

  • #2
    It is a link after all and therefore inherit's color, hover, and visited properties from your link style under body.

    You could do something like:

    Code:
    .bigusername:link
    {
    font-family: verdana;
    font-size: 10pt;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #000000;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    .bigusername:visited
    {
    color: #000000;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    .bigusername:hover
    {
    color: #000000;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    I just stuck in values there, but I think you'll get the idea. Let me know.
    Last edited by Nombie Wan; Thu 26 Feb '04, 9:55pm.
    http://www.teamxbox.com

    Comment


    • #3
      I was excited to find this because I've been trying to get rid of that huge name. But, I tried this last suggestion in the body css and it didn't change a thing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cdaniel
        I was excited to find this because I've been trying to get rid of that huge name. But, I tried this last suggestion in the body css and it didn't change a thing.
        If you JUST want to change the size do not mess with the body css. Just change this under "Additional CSS Definitions":

        Code:
         .bigusername { font-size: 10pt; }
        Nothing more nothing less, that's it.
        http://www.teamxbox.com

        Comment


        • #5
          I edited my post above. You have to define the visited property before the hover property other wise you won't get hover effect on a visited link.

          Damn CSS is a whole monster of it's own, but it is pretty awesome. Gone are the days of <font color=blah size=blah blah blah blah> then you'd have to edit all your code to change a style property.
          http://www.teamxbox.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nombie Wan
            I edited my post above. You have to define the visited property before the hover property other wise you won't get hover effect on a visited link.

            Damn CSS is a whole monster of it's own, but it is pretty awesome. Gone are the days of <font color=blah size=blah blah blah blah> then you'd have to edit all your code to change a style property.
            Thank you "Nombie Wan " This is exactly what I wanted to do. Works great.
            Louis| Techieville.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Nombie Wan
              If you JUST want to change the size do not mess with the body css. Just change this under "Additional CSS Definitions":

              Code:
               .bigusername { font-size: 10pt; }
              Nothing more nothing less, that's it.
              Yes, I finally found it allll the way at the bottom of Main CSS. Knowing where something is helps.

              Comment

              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X