Subscribe/unsubscribe from posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscribe/unsubscribe from posts

Currently with this new version it is harder to unsubscribe from a thread than it was with VB2.

It's not hard for me to do, but some members would like to see the option in the Quick Links or Thread Tools link.
    Here is a post from my forum on the suggestion, and I am wondering if a template can be modded to allow this, and if so, a step by step procedure on how to do it.

Thanks, Corey

In order to unsub from a thread, you have to:
    Click on "Quick Links"
    Click on "Subscribed threads"
    Find the thread in the list
    Click the check box
    Move to the bottom of the page
    Click the "Selected Threads" drop list
    Pick "Delete Subscription"
    Click "Go"

Is there any way to add an option to the "Thread Tools" drop list for "Unsubscribe"? There's one for "Subscribe"... It'd be a WHOLE lot easier.

The point being is that I don't make a decision to unsub from a thread until it turns sour or I've generally lost interest. I make that decision when I'm reading the latest post into the thread. Having an unsub option in the Thread Tools would be keeno neat.

Originally posted by CoreyT
    Is there any way to add an option to the "Thread Tools" drop list for "Unsubscribe"? There's one for "Subscribe"... It'd be a WHOLE lot easier.
    That option is already in Thread Tools. If you are subscribed to a thread, then you have the option to unsubscribe. If not, then you have the option to subscribe.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Now this is strange.
      I am subscribed to this thread here, and I just looked at the Thread Tools, and sure enough there is a link to un sub from it.

But on my forum that option is not there.
      I checked on a few threads I am subbed to, and the only link in there it to subscribe to a thread that I already am subbed to.

Could it be because we are using Revision 3, and not 4 yet?

Comment

A little update

The guy who hosts my forum is running the exact same version we are at his Mac forum.
        I subscribed to a thread on his forum then used the Thread Tools later to see if unsubscribe was in the list.

No it wasn't.

This leads me to believe then that the version we have has this bug.
        Not sure if we will upgrade to Candidate 4, or just wait until VB 3 goes Gold whenever that is.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this was in RC3. It may be that you didn't upload all the RC3 files when you upgraded the last time.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I found the culprit.
            It's in the ops area under:
            Thread Display Option
            Then under:
            Check Thread Subscription

It was turned off.
            However with it being turned on they give you a warning:
            If enabled, this option will notify the user that they are subscribed to a thread by displaying a small icon when viewing forumdisplay and search results. It will also change the "Subscribe to this thread" text on showthread to "Unsubscribe to this thread". This can have an effect on performance.
            I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it slows down our server or not I guess.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X