Properly upgrading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Properly upgrading?

I ran the rc4 upgrade, and it doesn't seem to have made the changes. How do i properly upgrade?

I did it via upgrade10.php

Hmm, just noticed. When i go to upgrade10.php it says this:

Your vBulletin version does not appear to match with the version for which this script was created (version 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3).

Please ensure that you are attempting to run the correct script.

If you are sure this is the script you would like to run, click here.

Comment

Upgrade10.php will get you from RC3 to RC4. Did you upgrade from RC3?

You are supposed to run upgrade.php which will run all appropriate upgrade scripts.

Comment

Also, the reason i wanna do this upgrade is because.. Another admin on my board made a thread with 5 attachments, all 127 bytes in size, and the thread wouldn't show the attachments at all... But in editpost.php i could see they were there. I made my own thread and tried to upload something, and it showed no problem, so im stomped.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          Upgrade10.php will get you from RC3 to RC4. Did you upgrade from RC3?

You are supposed to run upgrade.php which will run all appropriate upgrade scripts.
          When i run upgrade.php it redirects me to the admin panel, Where it asks me to log in. I login, and it doesnt do nothing, lol.

Comment

What version did you upgrade from?

Comment

Rc 3

Comment

Then you should be fine. Upgrade10 upgrades you from RC3 to RC4.

What changes weren't made when you upgraded? (from your first post)

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
                  Then you should be fine. Upgrade10 upgrades you from RC3 to RC4.

What changes weren't made when you upgraded? (from your first post)
                  Well, im not entirely sure. I am having some attachment problems. I explained it a few posts up. It's bothering me, only because this is a new version of vB, lol. Im sorta unsure what to touch, and what not to so to say.

Comment

Can you provide a link to the thread / post that is having the attachment problems?

A couple of things you should check are:

1) Make sure the attachments aren't awaiting moderation. Check the moderation queue in your Admin CP -> Moderation -> Moderate Attachments.

2) You can also try rebuilding your attachment thumbnails if you use them. Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails

Comment

Moderation que: No.

Rebuild Attachments: Your version of PHP does not have image support. Please make sure you have enabled GD if your server does support it by going to Options -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options

Thread: Its in a forum that can only be viewed by administrators, How do you wanna do this?

Comment

You can private message me an admin login.

Do you have thumbnails enabled?

Comment

Yes. That seems to be the only thread that i cannot view attachments in. I have gotten the other admin (the one that posted the thread in question) to post another thread with another attachment, and it worked. That, can be viewed here: http://forum.emceeforums.com/showthread.php?t=1935 (Dont mind the attachment, lmfao)

Comment

I found the problem. Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options -> View Attached Images Inline.

This was set to Yes, if post has only one attachment. I changed it to Yes, so now it shows inline attachments regardless of how many there are.

Comment

^ You are great. Thank you very very very much!

Comment

Working...
                              X