X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Please start a new thread. This one is ancient.

Leave a comment:

• Teresa
    replied
    Did this original requirement ever get met? I have the EXACT same requirement (for different reasons). And I do NOT want to use any merit system or anything else. I want a secondary user title to override the primary when they are in that particular group.

Leave a comment:

• majorxp
    replied
    I will. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    majorxp while its nice to provide some help, you might want to payu attention to the dates of these threads you are bumping

Leave a comment:

• majorxp
    replied
    You can use the yet another award system to do merit badges easily!

Leave a comment:

• the Sandman
    replied
    We discussed this in This Thread in regards to Public Usergroups. I like the Merit Badge idea...
    Originally posted by The Sandman
    I'd like to see two titles - One based on Primary usergroup, the second either custom or based on secondary usergroup. As for the Rank system, I'd like to see it expanded to more of a "Merit Badge" type deal where we can assign up to 5 small images (avatars, badges, icons) to be displayed in the postbit along the top to the right of the username along the top of the post. There could be merit badges for staff, charter members, subscribers, and secondary usergroups not to mention specific user accomplishments like high reputation or post count.

Leave a comment:

• thewitt
    replied
    Thanks Freddie.

I look forward to the enhancements as part of Son of VB .

-t

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    I don't believe you're going to be able to achieve what you want without conditionals. We are going to need to overhaul the way ranks and user titles function to give you more options for their usage when it comes to secondary groups.

Leave a comment:

• thewitt
    replied
    Originally posted by Faranth
    Can the base registered group have a custom title?

If so disable this, and update user titles.
    No, the base group today cannot have a custom title.

Titles don't move to the additional group unless it's selected in the User CP.

I'm not sure what you are asking me to do. The Update User Titles doesn't change anything. The Base group is still selected in the User CP as the display group, so the title doesn't change.

-t

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Can the base registered group have a custom title?

If so disable this, and update user titles.

Leave a comment:

• thewitt
    replied
    So you have more than one additional usergroup trying to override the user title?
    No, I don't think I said that.

The base group is Registered.

The additional group is Association Member.

When a Registered user is accepted into the Association Member group, I would like his title to automatically change to reflect this.

Right now his title won't change unless he goes into his User CP and selects the Association Member group as his display group. No one does this, as it's a geeky thing to do and not "automatic" as they expect it to be. These guys are not particularly computer literate. It's hard enough to train them to request the additional group access now - even though the steps are explicitly spelled out in an FAQ on getting access to the Association Member area of the site...

Ultimately I'm trying to reduce the amount of work necessary for administrators and group leaders, and make as much of the mechanics of the forum seamless as I can.

-t

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    So you have more than one additional usergroup trying to override the user title?

Leave a comment:

• thewitt
    replied
    Try this Although i just thought of it so it might not work

Base Usergroup
    -Can Use Custom Title
    -User Title: blank

Additional Usergroup
    -User Title: Additional Usergroup
    -Can override primary group title/markup: YES

That "should" work, i dont see any reason for it not too, the problem might be if they belong to more than one usergroup that has this setting...
    Though I have not stepped through the mechanics of this, I still want to have the base group have titles...

Perhaps with the base group we could use a ranking to get them a title, and the additional group would have no rank title and a group title instead...

I'll play with it, but I suspect it won't work. The "override" title only seems to come into play if you select this as your display group in your User CP.

-t

Leave a comment:

• thewitt
    replied
    Originally posted by rebelsrock06
    WHy does it have to be the secondary group your forcing

Make their Primary Group w/e the secondary one is and vise versa

that will end your probs
    Here are the mechanics of the situation. Perhaps this will help explain why this isn't working.

We have public and private sections of the forums.

Anyone can register and become a member of the public area. The default Registered user status is used for this.

If a member of the group requests access to the Members Only area, we add a secondary group to their profile using the Join Request mechanism, and they now have access to the Member area.

Yes, we could go in and change their primary group at this point, but then I would have to have an admin do this, and not simply a group leader.

-t

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Try this Although i just thought of it so it might not work

Base Usergroup
    -Can Use Custom Title
    -User Title: blank

Additional Usergroup
    -User Title: Additional Usergroup
    -Can override primary group title/markup: YES

That "should" work, i dont see any reason for it not too, the problem might be if they belong to more than one usergroup that has this setting...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X