Error after upgrading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error after upgrading...

I have upgraded from 2.3.0 to RC4 - there were a few problems I ran into when the upgrade scripts were manipulating the database, but I thought I was over those. Anyway, the Admin CP works fine, but when the board is turned ON I get the following error on the forums index page - other pages such as usercp seem to work...

Code:
    <!--
    Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4:

Invalid SQL: 
    		SELECT eventid, userid, title, recurring, recuroption, dateline_from, dateline_to, calendarid, IF (dateline_to = 0, 1, 0) AS singleday,
    			dateline_from AS dateline_from_user, dateline_to AS dateline_to_user, utc
    		FROM event AS event
    		WHERE ((dateline_to &gt;= 1077062400 AND dateline_from &lt; 1077235200) OR (dateline_to = 0 AND dateline_from &gt;= 1077062400 AND dateline_from &lt;= 1077235200 ))
    			AND visible = 1

mysql error: Unknown column 'utc' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Thursday 19th of February 2004 01:49:23 AM
    Script: [url]http://www.dragonninja.co.uk/[/url]
    Referer: 
    Username: Unregistered
    IP Address: 62.252.32.10
     -->
    And when the board is turned off, I, the admin am unable to view any of the forum files - I am given the default reason for board being turned off message like any other user would be.

Thanks for any help in advance, it will be greatly appreciated.
    slavetothename
    Last edited by slavetothename; Thu 19 Feb '04, 7:44am.
    www.dragonninja.co.uk - Wales' number one underground rock resource.

Something went wrong during the upgrade. (Just like you stated yourself)

What went wrong and how did you resolve that? Because it looks like the MySQL database modifications done by the upgrade script weren't completed.

Comment

It was occasionally failing on creating or modifying tables, for the most part in the 2.3.0 to Beta upgrade. It would tell me a table was already there when it tried to add it or the table name was wrong with it tried to - so I went and manually made the change and then removed the reference from the upgrade script and then continued. This is the only working copy of my database I have - so re-upgrading isn't really an option.

Comment

Yeah well I did a test fresh install of RC4 and compared the tables - I don't see any field called UTC? I'm assuming all I need to do to amend this is to create a new field somewhere I just have no idea where.

Comment

The 'utc' field is a required part of the event table and should be there. By bypassing the errors in the upgrade process, you did an incomplete upgrade. I suggest you restore a backup of your 2.3.0 database and try again. This time do not proceed if you get an error. Instead post the complete error here.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My posts, attachments, avatars, calendar e.t.c. are all working fine. index.php is the only file that does not work. Could you give me the SQL query to manually add the UTC field - even if this means losing all Calendar data I do not care, as I have thread copies of all of them anyway.

Comment

Well I got it working in the end. Surprising how fast I can learn about databases lol. I just ran this query...

Code:
              ALTER TABLE event ADD utc SMALLINT NOT NULL
              And now it all works fine. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Based on your statement of 'occasional' failures sduring the upgrade process I doubt this is the only problem you will have. Nonetheless you can delete and recreate the event table with this query:

DROP TABLE event;
                CREATE TABLE event (
                eventid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
                userid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                event MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL,
                title VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
                allowsmilies SMALLINT NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
                recurring SMALLINT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                recuroption CHAR(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
                calendarid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                customfields MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL,
                visible SMALLINT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                dateline INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                utc SMALLINT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                dateline_from INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                dateline_to INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                PRIMARY KEY (eventid),
                KEY userid (userid),
                KEY daterange (calendarid, visible, dateline_from, dateline_to)
                )
                ;

Note, this assumes you did not use any table prefixes.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK, thanks for that. When I edited out the queries in the upgrade files, I didn't remove the whole sections, only the specific column it had difficulties with. I think it was more a server thing than vBulletin, as on times a fresh install on a clean db runs fine, others I get this problem. All working now though, thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X