Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

install problems....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • install problems....

    newbie here, anyway, i've installed all the files and went to run my install.php, and here's my error...

    Please make sure you have entered the values in to config.php.new and renamed the file to config.php.

    i double and tripled checked all the entries in the config file but couldn't find anything wrong...i noticed that the config file is still being considered as a .new file type, can't seem to get rid of it, is that the problem?

  • #2
    Did you renanme the file from config.php.new to config.php ?

    Comment


    • #3
      aye, that i did....in the folder itself it no longer has the .new extension, but in my ftp program its there bright as day..



      Originally posted by Faranth
      Did you renanme the file from config.php.new to config.php ?

      Comment


      • #4
        Just checking, its in the includes/ folder right?

        Comment


        • #5
          yep, sure is....i went and grabbed the version 2.3.4 to check to see if that one would work, i got the install.php to run in this one, but get this error....

          Attempting to attach to database...

          Warning: main(./db_.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\hshome\tracer\eff.tracergod.com\forum\admin\install.php on line 334

          Warning: main(): Failed opening './db_.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in D:\hshome\tracer\eff.tracergod.com\forum\admin\install.php on line 334

          Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: db_sql_vb in D:\hshome\tracer\eff.tracergod.com\forum\admin\install.php on line 336


          Originally posted by Faranth
          Just checking, its in the includes/ folder right?

          Comment


          • #6
            Are you installing 2.X or 3.X ?

            Because by default in vB3 the install file is not in the admin folder its in the install folder

            Comment


            • #7
              could my problem with version 3 be that i had auto selected for the filetype upload in my ftp program? that it got upload binary instead of ascii.... weird that the install.php would work for 2 but not for 3....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Faranth
                Are you installing 2.X or 3.X ?

                Because by default in vB3 the install file is not in the admin folder its in the install folder
                i'd prefer to install 3.X i just grabbed 2 to see if i got the same error.....right, i know the install file is in two different places in each...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok, this is a clean install right?

                  upload all your files to the correct folder on your webhost,
                  edit config.php.new with the correct values, change it to config.php
                  run install/install.php
                  I've installed vBulletin 3 on a wide array of differnt servers. and never had any problems like what your telling me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    right, clean install, almost a totally clean account....i'm gonna go ahead and delete it all and start over and see if that does anything different....give me a few mins, thx for the help =)


                    Originally posted by Faranth
                    Ok, this is a clean install right?

                    upload all your files to the correct folder on your webhost,
                    edit config.php.new with the correct values, change it to config.php
                    run install/install.php
                    I've installed vBulletin 3 on a wide array of differnt servers. and never had any problems like what your telling me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Avast
                      Warning: main(./db_.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\hshome\tracer\eff.tracergod.com\forum\admin\install.php on line 334
                      You changed the $servertype in config.php. You need to set this back to 'mysql'.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                      Steve Machol Photography


                      Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X