Upgrading from Rc2 to Rc4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from Rc2 to Rc4

im gonna do the upgrade since my members are reporting numerous bugs with Rc2 mostly with browsers other than IE, what are the known bugs in this upgrade from Rc2 to Rc4? or do you suggest upgrading to Rc3 first, then working out the bugs then upgrading to RC4? (if i can even download RC3 still that is)

thanks in advance
    emo

You can't upgrade to rc3 first, you download the .zip (rc4) from the member area here on vbulletin.com and run the upgrade.php file.

It will guide you through the upgrade process from your current installation on.

Comment

thanks for the info floris.
      i was wondering if their were any known complications with the upgrade from 2 to 4 since when i upgraded from gamma to RC2, 1/4 of my user cp wouldnt work.
      emo

Comment

That UserCP probably didn't work because you didn't revert your templates. The same can happen when you upgrade to rc4. It is required that you revert a few template (if not all) to use the latest code and javascript etc. To keep things functional!

There shouldn't be any problems.

You can just upgrade to rc4 and enjoy the latest development release

Comment

thanks again floris
          emo

Comment

No problem and good luck with the upgrade (if you choose to do so).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X