X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sicloan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lisaaa
    My co-admin shut off our board before to upload some files into SmartFTP. I'm not exactly sure what she moved, but now when you go to visit the main page of the site (www.speakreality.com) , only a blank white page comes up and it does not work.

You can still access the board through this: http://speakreality.com/index.php
    However, I know that most of our members access it through http://speakreality.com or www.speakreality.com.

Any easy way that I can fix this problem??
    you should have made your own thread. Check your .htaccess file.

Leave a comment:

• Lisaaa
    replied
    My co-admin shut off our board before to upload some files into SmartFTP. I'm not exactly sure what she moved, but now when you go to visit the main page of the site (www.speakreality.com) , only a blank white page comes up and it does not work.

You can still access the board through this: http://speakreality.com/index.php
    However, I know that most of our members access it through http://speakreality.com or www.speakreality.com.

Any easy way that I can fix this problem??

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by MACHOBY
    I still am not able to view past the first post or the drop-down menus. Again, I am able to view them on this forum so it must be a setting.
    I didn't have either problem. The posts and drop-down menus were fine. Have you tried a hrad refresh - CTRL-F5 - or emptying your browser cache?

Leave a comment:

• MACHOBY
    replied
    The only "hack" I added was the banner in the header. I just looked at the styles and for some reason there were some edited ones in there. Also under styles, both VB3 and VB2 were checked. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but I deleted the vb2 styles and reverted all but the header template. Hopefully this will take care of it.

Test account: vbtest
    pass: vbulletin
    Last edited by MACHOBY; Fri 27 Feb '04, 6:20pm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It 'Today's Posts' a hack or just a URL change in navbar? Do you have a test account we can use so we can have access to the drop-down menus? What did you do with 'Quick Links'?

Leave a comment:

• MACHOBY
    replied
    Sorry, because of pointing problems, I renamed the folder back to /macforum but the version on there is a fresh install. Same problems.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I get a '404 not found' with that URL.

Leave a comment:

• MACHOBY
    replied
    I did a fresh install of RC4, changed directory from /macforum to /forum and imported my backup database.

I still am not able to view past the first post or the drop-down menus. Again, I am able to view them on this forum so it must be a setting.

www.cd-communications.com/forum

Leave a comment:

• MACHOBY
    replied
    OK, Back to the Mozilla trouble, when viewing my site with my mozilla, I cannot get the drop down menus to work and I also cannot see anything past the first post in a thread. When I view the vbulletin forums, it works fine. What would cause this?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Don't make that change to the cookie domain. This will keep everyone from being able to login.

As for anything else, I'm not sure what affects you mean.

Leave a comment:

• MACHOBY
    replied
    Tell me if I do the following, if it will affect anything on the site:

1) Backup the database through the VB Admin CP. Create a new database on the server and import the backup.

2) Change the config.php to the new database.

3) Change the forum directory from /macforum to /forum and update the admin cp...vb options...site URL

4) Change the cookie domain from / to /cookie/

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I don't know. There is something on your site or on some other site that is attempting to access that file.

Leave a comment:

• MACHOBY
    replied
    In the error log, I keep getting the error
    [error] [client 209.173.161.157] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/macforum/images/vBulletin_logo.gif
    This file is from VB2. Since I have upgraded to VB3, how are people still trying to access VB2 files?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by MACHOBY
    Steve, the files favicon.ico and robots.txt are vbulletin files. Not sure what you were getting at.
    I was wrong about favicon.ico, but robot.txt is not a vB files at all. As I suggested you need to point out that fact to your host since they are the ones that are blaming our software, i.e., "look for poorly written code and optimize it."

This problem has nothing to do with our code.

Leave a comment:

• MACHOBY
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    I clicked around too and found none of these problems. However id does appear you may have something configured wrong if you are getting this error:

File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/images/gradients

The actual path to this should be:

/usr/local/apache/htdocs/macforum/images/gradients

However some of the errors are for images that do appear to be there. My guess is that something on the server is causing files to not be read from time-to-time. It's easy for the host to blame us, but the simple fact is that this is certainly not a common problem with our software. In fact I've never heard of this before.

You might also want to point out to your host that this error is occuring with non-vB images and files too:

File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/favicon.ico
    File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/robots.txt

Steve, the files favicon.ico and robots.txt are vbulletin files. Not sure what you were getting at.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X