Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I: Display more than two levels on Forum Home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This would require hacking. Try asking over at vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• Hussain
    replied
    Originally posted by floris
    Admin Control Panel
    Options
    vBulletin Options
    Forum Listings Display Options
    Depth of Forums - Forum Home : 2
    Depth of Forums - Forum Display : 2
    Depth of Sub-Forums : 1
    [save]

I think that should do the trick.
    Would it be possible for one to set this on a per forum basis??

Leave a comment:

• ericruhl
    replied
    Figured out the subject line deal, that's time-limited.

Still looking for confirmation on whether the depth display on Forum Home is a bug or not. Can anyone display more than 2 levels with RC4? Again my forum depth is 3 levels but Forum Home won't display more than 2 levels even though the control panel setting is set to 3 (higher makes no difference).

Edit:
    OK, I found the answer in the bug tracker. This is a known issue unfortunately it is not going to be fixed Here's the relevant bug ID for those who experience this same issue and find this discussion:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs....iew&bugid=1157

I'm off to learn how to make my own level 3 template If anyone has created one already, please share.
    Last edited by ericruhl; Mon 16 Feb '04, 10:57am. Reason: Added updated info

Leave a comment:

• ericruhl
    replied
    Also, how do I properly edit the subject line? I edited the subject in my initial post but the edit isn't reflected in the forum summary.

Leave a comment:

• ericruhl
    replied
    Those settings are shown in the first attached photo (Depth2_SubDepth1.jpg). That works fine. The problem occurs when I try to display a depth of 3 (Catagory, Sub-Catagory, Forum). No matter what I do it won't display beyond level 2 on the forum home (the exception being the settings you posted which , as shown in the image, gives you the condensed list). See the third attachment, I'm trying to get that expanded forum view on the forum home (with the collapse/expand option for the sub-catagories). As I understand it this is what should happen when I set the depth to 3, but it isn't working that way.

These are the settings in the second attachment (Depth3_SubDepth0.jpg):
    Depth of Forums - Forum Home : 3
    Depth of Sub-Forums : 0

But you can see that only the top two levels are showing up
    Last edited by ericruhl; Sun 15 Feb '04, 1:53pm.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Admin Control Panel
    Options
    vBulletin Options
    Forum Listings Display Options
    Depth of Forums - Forum Home : 2
    Depth of Sub-Forums : 1
    [save]

I think that should do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• ericruhl
    started a topic How Do I: Display more than two levels on Forum Home?

How Do I: Display more than two levels on Forum Home?

Version is VB3RC4.

I changed the Forum Listings Display Options to show 3 levels (Depth of Forums - Forum Home = 3) which is the number of levels I've created, but my Forum Home still shows only 2 levels. For example, here is my forum layout

Catagory
    - Sub Catagory
    -- Forum 1
    -- Forum 2

With "Depth of Forums - Forum Home" set to 2 or higher I see the following which is correct for 2, but incorrect for higher than 2:

Catagory
    - Sub Catagory

With "Depth of Forums - Forum Home" set to 2 and "Depth of Sub Forums" set to 1 I see the following which is correct:

Catagory
    - Sub Catagory (Forum 1, Forum 2)

With "Depth of Forums - Forum Home" set to 3 or higher and "Depth of Sub Forums" set to 1 I see the following which is incorrect, same reason as above (not showing the 3rd level):

Catagory
    - Sub Catagory

The "Depth of Forums - Forum Home" works fine if set to 1 or 2, but appears to be broken above level 2? I looked in my user options thinking perhaps there was a user preference overriding this setting but I see no option in my User Options for forum depth on the home page.

Is this a bug or am I just missing another setting which is overriding the setting to show 3 or more levels? See attached screenshots which might help?

One shows the following settings (this works correctly):
    Depth of Forums - Forum Home = 2
    Depth of Sub-Forums = 1

The second shows the following settings (this appears to be broken?)
    Depth of Forums - Forum Home = 3 (or higher, doesn't seem to matter)
    Depth of Sub-Forums = 0 (or 1, doesn't seem to matter)

Btw "Depth of Forums - Forum Display" is set to 2 (anything higher makes no difference) so I also attached a screenshot which verifies that this part is working fine. It's the Forum Home that appears limited to only two levels.

Thoughts?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ericruhl; Sun 15 Feb '04, 12:37pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X