Moderating Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderating Options

Is it possible that the moderating option can actually show the user who posted it their post, but the post is not visible to anyone else until the moderator has published it?

Hopefully I explained that properly.

Thanks,

You mean post moderation?
    You could setup the usergroup to 'always moderate all posts from this usergroup'.
    Then staff can 'approve' the post before it becomes public.

Comment

i think he means that ALL posts are moderated but in the Moderation Queue doesnt show the User Who made those posts ? ? ? Im just guessing. If that is so then it would be part of VB's design and youd prolly need a hack for it. Ive been on boards with Mod Que on evey post but if the post itsself is clean and enough to release then why do you need to know who the User is

Maybe ask around on .org
      Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

Originally posted by rebelsrock06
        i think he means that ALL posts are moderated but in the Moderation Queue doesnt show the User Who made those posts ? ? ? Im just guessing. If that is so then it would be part of VB's design and youd prolly need a hack for it. Ive been on boards with Mod Que on evey post but if the post itsself is clean and enough to release then why do you need to know who the User is

Maybe ask around on .org
        No, I didn't realize that. You mean the moderator cannot see who has made the post before approving it?

My question is, I want the person who made the post to believe that his post is visible on the website before it is moderated, because I don't want posters to believe this is a moderated web site. If they immediately see their post, then they will believe their posts immediately hit the website, even though it is not yet visible to other users.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by looknow12
          My question is, I want the person who made the post to believe that his post is visible on the website before it is moderated, because I don't want posters to believe this is a moderated web site.
          This requires code modifications. Try asking over at vbulletin.org.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X