vB 2.3.4 to vB 3 RC 4 upgrade error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB 2.3.4 to vB 3 RC 4 upgrade error

I have a vB 2.3.4 migrated from phpBB 2.0.6 running at www.sandraboards.com, although I do not want to keep this version and upgrade to vB3 RC 4. Although I receive a weird error when I try the upgrade:

Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in C:\Program Files\Ensim\Sitedata\sbcde\Inetpub\wwwroot\install\upgrade.php on line 27

Warning: main(./includes/init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Ensim\Sitedata\sbcde\Inetpub\wwwroot\install\upgrade.php on line 28

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './includes/init.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Program Files\Ensim\Sitedata\sbcde\Inetpub\wwwroot\install\upgrade.php on line 28

also see: http://66.98.205.70/install/upgrade.php

when I edit the upgrade.php file at lines 27/28/29 from:
    chdir('../');
    require_once('./includes/init.php');
    require_once('./includes/functions.php'); // mainly for exec_header_redirect()

to:
    /* chdir('../'); */
    require_once('../includes/init.php');
    require_once('../includes/functions.php'); // mainly for exec_header_redirect()

I get rid of this error but it continues like this:

Warning: main(./includes/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Ensim\Sitedata\sbcde\Inetpub\wwwroot\includes\init.php on line 398

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './includes/config.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Program Files\Ensim\Sitedata\sbcde\Inetpub\wwwroot\includes\init.php on line 398

There is again the same problem that chdir ../ and then ./ for the includes folder doesn't work.

Does anyone of you have any idea what's wrong here??

I am running IIS 6.0, PHP 4.3.4 as CGI, MySQL 4.0.17

Please help!! thanks
    "I have emotional vices and they can be far more paralyzing than drugs or alcohol."
    -Sandra Bullock

Sandra Bullock Central Message Board / Chris' Famous Sandra Bullock Page / Sandra Bullock News (Deutsch)

Either iis or php as cgi won't let you use php as it should.

Comment

the source of the error message:
      <br />
      <b>Warning</b>: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in <b>C:\Program Files\Ensim\Sitedata\sbcde\Inetpub\wwwroot\install\upgrade.php</b> on line <b>27</b><br />
      <br />
      <b>Warning</b>: main(./includes/init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>C:\Program Files\Ensim\Sitedata\sbcde\Inetpub\wwwroot\install\upgrade.php</b> on line <b>28</b><br />
      <br />
      <b>Fatal error</b>: main(): Failed opening required './includes/init.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in <b>C:\Program Files\Ensim\Sitedata\sbcde\Inetpub\wwwroot\install\upgrade.php</b> on line <b>28</b><br />

The file is existing in this folder since I access it through internet Explorer at this location (how could I get the error message otherwise :P) and I can also access it in Windows Explorer.
      "I have emotional vices and they can be far more paralyzing than drugs or alcohol."
      -Sandra Bullock

Sandra Bullock Central Message Board / Chris' Famous Sandra Bullock Page / Sandra Bullock News (Deutsch)

Comment

Originally posted by floris
        Either iis or php as cgi won't let you use php as it should.
        Ok and what might be the problem? I am sure IIS is not the problem. Maybe PHP as CGI doesn't work with vB (which would be very annoying, because that was a primary reason why I switched from phpBB) or the php.ini file is not properly configured.
        -Sandra Bullock

Comment

It might work just fine, I don't know the specifics. But .. chdir() is a php function that should just work.

Comment

http://66.98.205.70/install/upgrade.php as you can see here the upgrade script does in fact not work... although the problem is not that chdir isn't working, the problem is that it cannot find the proper path although everything is there. When I comment out the chdir command in the php file and change ./includes to ../includes it works, but I would have to to do that in all vB php files and that is surely unneccesary work. There must be something wrong with the PHP Installation I think.
            -Sandra Bullock

Comment

You only risk more errors, if you edit the .php files.

Comment

I know, that's why I am looking for another solution.
                -Sandra Bullock

Comment

Is this your localhost or a windows hosted solution?

vBulletin performs on windows just as fine as on linux, but I rather have a apache web server and php and mysql compiled on linux for THAT machine, then a port to windows.

I especially wouldn't want to host php as cgi on a iis - then I'd prefer the apache port.

But that is just me.

It could be that your hosting provider has safe_mode set to on and that it even doesn't want to let you use include properly ..

Comment

Originally posted by floris
                    Is this your localhost or a windows hosted solution?

vBulletin performs on windows just as fine as on linux, but I rather have a apache web server and php and mysql compiled on linux for THAT machine, then a port to windows.

I especially wouldn't want to host php as cgi on a iis - then I'd prefer the apache port.

But that is just me.

It could be that your hosting provider has safe_mode set to on and that it even doesn't want to let you use include properly ..
                    It's a dedicated Windows Server 2003 Standard with PHP as CGI
                    -Sandra Bullock

Comment

I think my knowledge stops right there for a moment. Not much experience with debugging there. Sorry!

Comment

Did you choose the CGI Shebang option when downloading the zip file, i.e.:

(If your server runs PHP as CGI and requires a shebang like #!/usr/bin/php then enter it here.)
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          Did you choose the CGI Shebang option when downloading the zip file, i.e.:

(If your server runs PHP as CGI and requires a shebang like #!/usr/bin/php then enter it here.)
                          No I did not use that option. This thread says it's not reuqired on Windows: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...hlight=shebang
                          -Sandra Bullock

Comment

Ok, since I couldn't get rid of the error I installed PHP as ISAPI module now and it is working fine (the PHP installation is working fine). Although I get a blank page when I open any vBulletin file. My own php scripts all work fine. I am using the php.ini-recommended and the following extensions are enabled: gd2, gettext, mhash, mime_magic, sockets. Which other extensions do I need to load to get vBulletin working? I am just seeing blank pages as you can see at www.sandraboards.com
                            -Sandra Bullock

Comment

BTW, a non-staff person said that CGI Shebang was not required in that thread.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X