Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help moving/upgrading

Hello all..

I am running version 2.3 on my site and using php portal.. I am moving to a new host.. and I thought that I would go ahead and upgrade to VB3 at the same time.. ( doing away with the portal for now ) ..

I have made a back up of the data base..

What is the easiest way to go about this..?

I took the day off to do this.. ( I thought that it would be a quick job ) .. but I am finding out different..

Any help would greatly be appreciated..

To move your database follow these directions http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

Your also going to need to move your files over.

Once you have moved your database over. Make sure its(the forum) working by reconfiguring the config.php file with the correct values. Once youve done this you can upload your vB3 files. rename config.php.new to congif.php and change the correct varibles so vB3 can access the database. Then point your browser at mysite.com/forum/install/upgrade.php

The upgrade it self shouldnt take so long, once the upgrade is finished the long processes is updating the correct counters and reindexing the search database.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X