allowing html in sigs for certain usergroups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allowing html in sigs for certain usergroups

I'd like to know if I can allow HTML in sigs for people in particular usergroups and not for others.

If so, how do I do that?

Hi there,

No, you can't allow html in signatures on a usergroup basis.

Yes, you can allow html in signatures on a global basis.

Comment

Its Doable by hacking, you can inquire at vBulletin.org bout it.

Comment

Originally posted by floris
        Yes, you can allow html in signatures on a global basis.
        how so?

do I have to enable HTML in forums?

Comment

It's under User Profile Options:

Allow HTML in Signatures

I do not recommend you allow this. It will open up your forums to significant security risks.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, Steve, I am definitely treading lightly with what I have in mind, which is why I'd like to allow it for particular usergroups.

If I can control who can do it, I won't be as concerned about the security of it.

Who knows, I might just be stingy and allow just admins (me) to do it.

Comment

This is not a usergroup option and it would require modifying the code. You can try asking over at vbulletin.org.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yeah, maybe I'll wait until it goes gold before I ask about it, but thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X