What is the reputation for ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the reputation for ?

Not sure if this is right place to ask, haven't found better one.

The question might be stupid, but my users are asking me "what is the reputation feature for?".

So what was the general idea of reputation, only encouraging people to impove quality of their posts?

Hi there,

When a user made a nasty post, or a post another user disagrees with, they can score that post of that user with an optional comment, so the reputation points that this user who posts nasty stuff, goes up or down. Which makes it clearer for others how the general quality is appriciated of the posts made by that person.

It provokes members to do their best to make better posts, so their reputation grows.

Active users, who make more posts, and get good reputation points, will also grow harder and faster then others, who hardly visit your board, post stupid things and get less attention.

You can sort the memberlist on reputation, to get an impression of users who's posts are appriciated.

In the admin control panel are some short descriptions too, and pressing on the (?) behind the options might explain how what where.

On my site we have changed the word reputation in all the phrases to Karma and show the reputa.. karma points in the postbit. So besides the images, you can also see the points. Many members appriciate this.

We even have karma competitions and small give aways. Sometimes members make threads and try to get others to click their karma link. Keeps the site active, the members motivated and the quality of the posts on a worthy-reading level.

Comment

Basicly, its just a system that lets users give feedback on other users. A user who flames and insluts everyone will probally have bad karma, and users who help each other out, would get good karma. So this would let other users know how most users feel about memebers in the community.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X