• Show
Clear All

• Troak
    replied
    I added those in after installation.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Your missing some very important varibles from your config.php.

Leave a comment:

• Troak
    replied
    Ok, this is quite wierd. I have the same values for my config.php in my vb 2.3.3 and my vb3, but vb3 doesnt work. I put the vb2.3.3 config file in the vb3 directory, and it connected.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you are using a new database, make sure the user has permissions to access that database as well.

Leave a comment:

• Troak
    replied
    I might need to recheck the values I used for my 2.3.3 and see if they are consistent.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The error states:

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.
    As far as I know it means what it says. I've never run across this error when the config.php info was correct and the user did have permission to access the database.

Leave a comment:

• Troak
    replied
    I'm using the same exact values as the values I use for my vb 2.3.3, which works perfectly fine.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You should contacnt your host, and ask them for your database name, database username and database password. We cannot give you these values.

Leave a comment:

• Troak
    replied
    Which values? I have edited the values several times and made sure that they are correct.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    The values in your config.php are not correct.

Leave a comment:

• Troak
    started a topic Database errror

Database errror

I was installing vb3 RC4 and it wouldn't connect to my database.
    My vb 2.3.3 works fine with the same database though, so I'm a bit confused. This is what shows up:

Step 2) Connect to the database

ÿþ
    Attempting to attach to database

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in e:\home\Default\excalipur.com\htdocs\test\upload\includes\db_mysql.php on line 140

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.
    Last edited by Troak; Sun 8 Feb '04, 5:37pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X