Can Admin edit avatars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Since this is thewitt's thread, could anyone else having a problem please start your own thread? Please include all the necessary details.
    Any other thoughts Steve?

I've deleted the old file that Suspect Versions reported and of course that didn't help anything .

It's funny, I can add and modify avatars from a user account, but just not from the admin.

No errors, it's just that nothing changes.

-t
    Tim Hewitt
    myOstrich Internet - Domain Management & Internet Services
    myOstrich Golf - When it comes to golf, we don't have our heads in the sand.

Comment

Do you see the 'Change Avatar' button in the Admin CP user profile? Are you a Super Admin as per the setting in config.php?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Do you see the 'Change Avatar' button in the Admin CP user profile? Are you a Super Admin as per the setting in config.php?
        Yes, I am trying to use the Change Avatar buttin in the Admin CP while looking at a user profile. Is there another way for the Admin to change an avatar?

Yes I am the super admin defined in config.php.

I have also changed the storage mode from database to filesystem with no change in the inability to change an avatar.

-t
        Tim Hewitt

Comment

Sorry but I can't duplicate this problem on my unhacked RC4 test forum. If you are running the defaul RC4 files then I really don't know why this isn't working for you. Just out of curiousity can you try with a different browser?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Good catch Steve.

It works with Internet Explorer, and fails with Safari on a Mac under OS-X.

-t
            Tim Hewitt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X