Files downloading instead of loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files downloading instead of loading

I just moved my vbulletin to a new server.

For some reason private messages, the ucer cp, user profiles, and thread options, are causing a download window to popup instead of executing the php script.

Any idea how to fix this? Permissions problem maybe?

Just a guess, but you have given the correct permissions (CHMOD 755 folders, sub folders & files after upload) to all the files & folders so they can be executed?
    Last edited by john_rsd; Fri 6 Feb '04, 2:38am.
    Thanks In Advance

John

Comment

That or your server is not configured to understand php, or your server doesnt support it, you should contact your host.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback.

The odd thing is, that all of the links work for me, no matter what computer I seem to use.

However others, including other admins, have the problem.

It could be a permission error, however it's only those areas I mentioned that has the problem, and I tar'd the files from the old server with permissions when I transferred them to the new server.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Check the file permissions. I've seen this happen sometimes when php files are chmod'd to 777. Change these to 644.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
          X